Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Thinking outside the box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As a prepper you have to think outside the normal prepper thinking.
Here is an example you have to buy a tumble dryer what would you choose vented or condenser?. For me its a no brainer it would be a condenser everytime. It will store 5 litres of emergency water for you. Thats what i mean when thinking outside the normal prepper box. When you put your mind to it there are many more examples can anyone think of any more?.
Buy a bucket........ Smile
whats the point of buying something electrical when TSHTF all the power will go off? buy a length of rope-for a washing line!Big Grin
I think what he means is if he has to buy a tumble drier now, then he may as well buy something that he can find usefull after an event...Smile
(20 January 2013, 11:49)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I think what he means is if he has to buy a tumble drier now, then he may as well buy something that he can find usefull after an event...Smile

well if he wants to store water-thats the only use a tumble dryer has after the power goes out-buy a water butt its cheaper and stores more!Big Grin
BP,

He is buying a tumble drier for now. He is simply saying that while he does so he is looking at other uses for it after an event. I have water butts myself but maybe he does not have a place to keep them.

However, the main point of this is thinking outside the box. Many people may think it is a good idea because it fits their circumstances. Others won't.

Personally, I'd be very wary about taking water from a condenser because I'd be unsure of what chemicals might be in there.
the tumble dryer drum could potentially be ripped out and used as a fire pit, siv or adapted to catch small fish Big Grin

could also use the outer casing to make arrow heads, theres wire cabling inside that could be used for snares or even used to wire up solar or battery powered objects Smile

other than that its a lot of metal that could be melted down and used to make stuff Big Grin provided you know how to Big Grin
how true, SD and Hex, i just dont want too much useless electrical stuff lying around getting in the way post SHTF, sister in law has a garage full of electrical stuff she hasnt used for 5 years since she moved from Londonistan!!TongueBig Grin
know what your saying BP, as long as the weather is good and i have heating i have no need for a tumble dryer lol Big Grin however the washer would get the same treatment if i needed it lol Smile
(20 January 2013, 14:28)Hex Wrote: [ -> ]know what your saying BP, as long as the weather is good and i have heating i have no need for a tumble dryer lol Big Grin however the washer would get the same treatment if i needed it lol Smile
yes, we hang everything outside in the good weather, and when it isnt we have an electrical drier( bit like an electrical clothes horse!Big Grin) it folds out of the way when not in use, bet you cant do that with a tumble drier?Tongue
Pages: 1 2