Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Everyday Sheepdogs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is along a similar line to what I've been thinking for a while.

I've harped on about society being made up of Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs.

For those of you not having read my ramblings:
Sheep are unprepared and follow the masses.
Wolves prey on the sheep.
Sheepdogs are those that protect the sheep.
Please note, a prepper can be a sheepdog, a wolf, or a non-societal-subject (a loner that doesn't effect society).

In a SHTF situation, there will be so many ways we can react. So I'm not going to go into that for now. I'm just looking at 'normal everyday life' for a moment.

You're shopping, you hear a bang, it's a car crash. Do you run over to help? Be honest now. Many people have seen crashes and not stopped to help. Some don't help because they're scared, others don't know how to help, others don't care, others just omit the responsibility to different people, yet others are busy protecting their family/friends/neighbours/kids and are caught up so are unable to help.... and any number of other things stop people. Then there are those that do help.

You see smoke billowing out of a building, front door is open...what do you do?

These kind of things, in a situation not where the world has entered WW3, are what I'm asking about today.

Do you risk public gratitude/acclaim, newspapers knocking on your door, publicity, or anything like that, or would you let the situation unfold without your intervention?

As a second to this question, do you have the physical ability to run up a few flights of stairs, kick open a door, and save a life?
i have a mobile phone..i ring 999 Big GrinBig Grin
Car crash - go and help.

House on fire? Tricky one that. More than happy to help, but I don't want to burn to death trying to rescue some old dear.
ring the "emergency services" their PAID to risk their lives, i'm not!
Q1 go and help Q2 go and help
Of course in both incidents I'd be filling my pockets as I go as recompense for my time and assistance Wink
(21 January 2013, 16:54)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Of course in both incidents I'd be filling my pockets as I go as recompense for my time and assistance Wink
Quite like your honesty, although this is in the moral section of the forum.....so.....urm.......
i take risks for no one, wont help my family if i get killed helping some STRANGER!
(21 January 2013, 17:59)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i take risks for no one, wont help my family if i get killed helping some STRANGER!

Entirely valid answer.

Please note, there is no right or wrong answer. It's simply a question I'm wondering about.

Personally, I'm dumb enough to get killed trying to help someone else. But that's me. If anything does happen, best hope I'm walking past and not BP haha.
(21 January 2013, 18:23)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]If anything does happen, best hope I'm walking past and not BP haha.

you said it brother!!TongueBig Grin
Pages: 1 2