Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Neat self defence improvised weapon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
a friend of mine has just come back from the south of France when some of the locals have developed a weapon for close quarters self defence that is highly concealable and if you practice with it it can be quite a devastating tool. Basically its just a long sportsmans sock similar to a football players sock with a snooker or billiard ball in it.
its used like half a bolas, or like a flail, the impact from the ball after being swung in a long sock is quite devastating, more than enough to ruin a muggers day and it has a longer reach than a knife.

No cop can really complain if you keep your luck 8 ball or black ball in your pocket !!
Thats been around for years. old school retribution device.
(28 January 2013, 18:45)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]a friend of mine has just come back from the south of France when some of the locals have developed a weapon for close quarters self defence that is highly concealable and if you practice with it it can be quite a devastating tool. Basically its just a long sportsmans sock similar to a football players sock with a snooker or billiard ball in it.
its used like half a bolas, or like a flail, the impact from the ball after being swung in a long sock is quite devastating, more than enough to ruin a muggers day and it has a longer reach than a knife.

No cop can really complain if you keep your luck 8 ball or black ball in your pocket !!

variation on an old weapon-known as a cosh!
Put to good use in the movie scum by ray winstone
i think in prisons PP9 and D cell batteries are used
They will use anything in prison, amazing how they make weapons
That's old!

Loads of people around Manchester or Liverpool carry a spare pair of socks with them, for this exact reason. If they're in a club or bar, and a fight kicks off, a handful of shot-glasses into the sock, and swing for the head! A small tumbler in the sock, CRACK!!! That'll bust someone's head clean open.

Carrying an 8 ball, or something similar could easily get you nicked, just as easily as carrying your lucky rock. Speaking of which, some women carry a brick in their purse for the same reason....mini-flail.

That same system is used in Full Metal Jacket (I think it's that film anyway) where they beat the whiney fat guy by putting bars of soap on their socks and go at him with them.

It's a devastating system, similar in principle to when kids play conkers, and that one kid keeps hitting a bit high and cracking the other kid on the knuckle (haha, I loved that trick....still feel proud when I see that happen).

It increases the centrifugal force of the object, by using distance leverage (length of string or length of sock) to increase the speed of the object. Increased speed, same mass, increased force, increased impact, increased damage.

Other fun old-school tricks, get a roll of pennies, tape them up, put them in your fist, and punch! Same principle of physics above, but different variable: Same speed, Increased mass = Increased force, increased impact, increased damage. Also, works like a kubatan. Just tell the police that you don't like your change rattling around in your pocket (haha, they won't fall for it, but if you chuck it away, it's only about 40p lost).

Putting 2 razor blades on a credit card. The cuts are so close together they can't be properly stitched up. For a higher level of effect, screw a load of razorblades on a corkscrew and hit someone with those blades. Again, same as the credit card principle, so close together that they can't be stitched up properly.
it's amazing what can look totally innocent but seriously mess someone up Smile
Clipper lighters work just aswel as a the taped up coins except you can carry the lighter without alarms being raised if your searched
(29 January 2013, 14:40)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Clipper lighters work just aswel as a the taped up coins except you can carry the lighter without alarms being raised if your searched

A friend said one burst in his hand once, so I've always shied away from them. I have a kubatan, but only as a 'sex toy' which means it can be confiscated, at most. No charged pressed or anything like that. Same as the police batons, you can have one as a sex toy, but nothing more.
Pages: 1 2