Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Wind Turbines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do any of you live in the area where those two wind turbines have been "damaged"? I read that it was possibly sabotage. Personally I hate the blasted things. I'm rather hoping that some really ticked off locals down there have decided that enough is enough, and it is time to take a stand.
I was speaking to a guy who reckons the foundations weren't done deep enough. Don't know if this is true or not as I know nothing about buildings/structures/foundations, but I could easily imagine a company cutting corners to try & save a few quid.
Whereabouts in the country were they?
I think it was in North Devon
Seen one hit by something ( one blade ) the speculation was ....yep you guessed it a UFO....pilot on ganger i spect
Its ironic though isnt it? a wind turbine damaged by the wind?
We only have one turbine around here, it runs a farm/sawmill,... it spends half its time stopped because the wind is too strong
They can be easily vandalised and often are by the more extreme Nimbys, theres 17 turbines near me and hopefully we get another 21 next year( was supposed to be 42 but the scheme got trimmed) Some idiots shoot at the glass fibre blades thus destabilising them which causing vibration which in turn can destroy a turbine. Its a rare case of the foundations being inadequate. I love em after 200 years of coal mines, coke ovens, every kid having asthma, most guys dying before they are 60, villages constantly covered in coal dust, constant noise from machinery and trains this area is now transformed into a gren idyl with a few turbines in yonder field generating far more power than the coal powered stations did ( though unreliably) and they do it without posoning entire commmunities.
i'd rather have a 100 wind turbines near me than have 1 nuclear power plant!Angry

sabotage is suspected, some bolts at the base are "missing", some protesters living nearby are being blamed.
i see today the nimblys are saying you will need health and safety test before you can put up any wind turbine as it may fall on someone more red tape again
Pages: 1 2