Survival UK Forums

Full Version: potential nearby resource
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have an old cemetary near where I live and it's becoming fairly wooded. To maintain cliff walls the staff seem to be wattling walls out of hazel rods coppiced on site. While I was wandering today I went for a poke past a fenced overgrown area where I found a huge number of said rods under a tarp.

Well worth finding for the future and I doubt many know about it.
nice find for fencing or animal pens ?
Finders keepers...
just make sure theres no cameras...
And if you get caught " hazel liberation front"TongueTongue
yeah I think I'll help myself to some later in the year will be good for garden canes and pea climbs. And a lot of it is the perfect width for rocket stove fodder if seasoned
i'd have taken some there and then, seize the moment!Smile
I'll be the moral arbiter and say "I wouldn't recommend taking anything that isn't yours...since it isn't a life or death situation."
(5 February 2013, 17:21)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be the moral arbiter and say "I wouldn't recommend taking anything that isn't yours...since it isn't a life or death situation."

"BP sticks tongue out and blows a raspberry"!Tongue
(5 February 2013, 18:41)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(5 February 2013, 17:21)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be the moral arbiter and say "I wouldn't recommend taking anything that isn't yours...since it isn't a life or death situation."

Do what I say, not as I do ;-) Joke. Please note that was a joke, and I do not promote any theft like activities, and nor does anyone on this site promote such!
(5 February 2013, 19:18)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]

Do what I say, not as I do ;-) Joke. Please note that was a joke, and I do not promote any theft like activities, and nor does anyone on this site promote such!

i am a Ferringi "the art of acquisition"!!Big GrinBig Grin

(5 February 2013, 19:18)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]

hey folks, thanks for all the responses and S13 for playing Louie Law this time around. A quick update, I was back through the area this morning and met a guy coppicing. Had a quick chat. Basically it's a voluntary group that does the work and in exchange for the odd saturday morning work those who do it can take what they want from the woods.

So I've sighned up not only for the wood access but to get some woodcraft experience
Pages: 1 2