Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Interesting Surplus store chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In a local surplus store and I noted a couple of people walk in.

They spoke with the owner and he gave me the knowing look of 'I need you to disappear for a minute'. I said "I've got to jet. Be back later."

Turns out they're a couple that believe WW3 is coming and will be taking place soon. They're stocking up on stuff from him.

I asked him if he had a lot of people thinking that. He laughed and said the last week has involved 5 different people (a couple counted as 1 person, by the way) coming in asking about WW3 and stuff like that. He has his usual 'nut jobs' as he says, talking about the weather being controlled by the government, and the alike. But the new 5 about WW3 were unseen before; not regular customers.

There are people waking up. However, if might be a little bit late.

I really see the situation getting worse around the world, and I'm unsure how far away a MAJOR even is. Previously, I've thought a few years away, at least. But the way things are accelerating, I'm not so sure about that now.
I've absolutely no doubt that we are outnumbered by closet preppers by 10 to 1, as AL and I were discussing this morning there are huge numbers of prepped, self reliant off grid families and individuals who have never heard the words Prepper or Survivalist, they live a self reliant lifestyle simply because they do.