Survival UK Forums

Full Version: rats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
help any best way to get them to take food from traps doing what i have aways done with peanut butter but mr ratty i having none of it
(12 February 2013, 18:13)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]help any best way to get them to take food from traps doing what i have aways done with peanut butter but mr ratty i having none of it

try a piece of bacon or cheese or sausage? i wouldnt go into your trap for peanut butter either!!Big Grin
(12 February 2013, 18:15)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(12 February 2013, 18:13)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]help any best way to get them to take food from traps doing what i have aways done with peanut butter but mr ratty i having none of it

try a piece of bacon or cheese or sausage? i wouldnt go into your trap for peanut butter either!!Big Grin

funny i ment isBig Grin
I would also say fat of one sort or another,..although I am surprised that they are not going for whats on offer,...rats will normally take anything,.. maybe your traps are the wrong color
(12 February 2013, 18:31)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I would also say fat of one sort or another,..although I am surprised that they are not going for whats on offer,...rats will normally take anything,.. maybe your traps are the wrong color

there black plastic ones ,may be its my scent on them
naaaarrr, try a different color..Smile,... I say this as 90% joke and 10% not,..as I am sure that I read somewhere that rats see color, and are drawn to certain colors,... I feel a google moment coming on
Mix some flour with cement powder, then add water to make a paste. Leave it in a little dish in all the usual spots for rat runs. You could sweeten it with molasses or honey as well. Any rat that eats that will die.
(12 February 2013, 18:41)Tibbs735 Wrote: [ -> ]Mix some flour with cement powder, then add water to make a paste. Leave it in a little dish in all the usual spots for rat runs. You could sweeten it with molasses or honey as well. Any rat that eats that will die.

Thats a bit like feeding seagulls with soda balls,.. they eat those and `blow up`,..simply expands in the gut, might work with rats to
Ferrets, dogs and guns
In cold winter months, I've found that small piecs of Mars Bar prove irresistible bait to all members of the Ratty family..
Pages: 1 2