Survival UK Forums

Full Version: ho do YOU sort the wheat out from the chaff?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
what is your approach to ensuring you only end up interacting with people of a similar outlook , viewpoint and mentality to yourselves?

Thats again a genuine question I see other opinions on so i can learn to better my own skills.

EG if you were in a similar position to me how do you ensure you dont waste time on nut jobs, fantasists, conspiracy theorists, regligous types or others who dont meet your group / families common values?

How do you learn from them and respect their points of view whilst ensuring you dont get too involved with them?

( I've just had a double barreled nut job at my door, we had coffee but I ended up asking him to leave, Everything was Jesus this, Jesus that, prepping is gods holy mission and other weirdness)
ignore them?Big Grin
Stop inviting people to your home Smile
(13 February 2013, 16:16)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Stop inviting people to your home Smile

especially JW's!!Big Grin
(13 February 2013, 15:40)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]what is your approach to ensuring you only end up interacting with people of a similar outlook , viewpoint and mentality to yourselves?

I'd say it was all about SLOWLY getting to know someone over the course of time. People love to talk about themselves and what they have done and we all view our perspectives as right. Even when we're proven wrong, we still hold our belief in being right. I'm as guilty as anyone else on this.

But getting to know people is about going out for a coffee. Going climbing, running, camping, shooting, and more coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. It's only through those things do we find common bonds.
Yes guys but thats both difficult and anti social and not very nice, I'm wondering how you can sort out the loons and oddities without offending them or wasting to much time?
(13 February 2013, 17:01)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Yes guys but thats both difficult and anti social and not very nice, I'm wondering how you can sort out the loons and oddities without offending them or wasting to much time?

Wrap tinfoil round your head the first time you meet them. Any nervous twitches or ticks or strange mannerisms should be noted, aloud, in their presence - preferably into a Dictaphone. For added effect have someone there in a PVC suit, full gimp mask and ball-gag, writing down your observations. If they're wetting themselves laughing then you're on to a winner
(13 February 2013, 17:08)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(13 February 2013, 17:01)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Yes guys but thats both difficult and anti social and not very nice, I'm wondering how you can sort out the loons and oddities without offending them or wasting to much time?

Wrap tinfoil round your head the first time you meet them. Any nervous twitches or ticks or strange mannerisms should be noted, aloud, in their presence - preferably into a Dictaphone. For added effect have someone there in a PVC suit, full gimp mask and ball-gag, writing down your observations. If they're wetting themselves laughing then you're on to a winner

Twat Smile !!!!!

I did have a seriously witty reply but so many folks get offended now I 'll now post it Smile
Big Grin Worry ye not Sir, I don't take offence.

Being serious, there isn't really a quick and easy method to work out if the person in question is a nutter. I've been in similar situations - people have been invited into the house, on the grounds that they are somewhat normal and level headed, only to find out that the local insane asylum wouldn't have wanted them.

Unfortunately you do need to put the time in to work out if the person is going to be acceptable.
As much as you hate it NR, it just takes time.

Sometimes you can just tell from stuff they say, whether on a forum or on the phone (best not to give out your number until you've taken time to sus them out in the first place).

Unless you hate coffee, I'd go down that route and get it sorted.

Are you wasting money? Only if you see the process of filtering as a waste. Would you pay £8 to find out someone is full of crap? If so, then it's not a waste.
Pages: 1 2 3 4