Survival UK Forums

Full Version: posting videos etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think SD might be the one to ask this,
can I post vids/photos etc for training/knowledge purposes directly, with approval of course, or do I have to use the dreaded YOUTUBE
many thanks
Wet & Dry used to produce fantastic videos and reviews for us via a YT channel he created, probably the simplest way forward, either way I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff.
I was thinking about doing a piece on homemade Blowpipes, how to make the Darts and the blowpipe, and how to use it. might have to use a funny accent hehe, you know what I meanDodgy
Yarp Smile

How about some on bow making and arrow making and bowstring making ??
(16 February 2013, 13:02)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Yarp Smile

How about some on bow making and arrow making and bowstring making ??

like the sound of that NR
I'll be honest with you fella's YouTube does not appeal to my sense of OPSEC.

Bowstrings for Compound and Recurve bows are normally what is known as endless loop strings, and you will need a string jig to make them, buy one or make one. All the Archery shops will be able to get them, Arten is a reputable make. You will also need a "String Server" to reinforce the knock loops and portion of the string above and below your knocking point. Again all archery shops will sell them, both string jig and serving tool will last for donkeys years.

here is a good article that explains how to make an endless loop string
http://www.mac.asn.au/string_making.htm#2. String Jig

There are quite a few Vids on youtube as well that will explain it further

NB for traditional style bows Dacron B50 is the most common string material, and is widely available.
For your compound bows "fastflight" is the string material most widely used.

You guys will nail this easily trust me its not hard, and once learnt you are self sufficient forever in strings.

For English Longbows you will need to make what is known as a "Flemish Twist" string, this is quite a simple string to make.
Again check out YTBE

The below video will show you how to do this in the field, ignore the first part about him building a fire thoBig Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwX4Q22D9...detailpage