Survival UK Forums

Full Version: That made me smile!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just caught the tip of a thread before i accidentally closed down the web page, it commented on an aussie prepper forum that the average distance the attendees had travelled to a particular rv was in excess of 430 miles.
The uk would fit into australia 52times and you would still have sime space left over, so it makes sence that people are prepared to put the miles in
have an Australian mate that think nothing of driving 200 miles each way for a night out or to go shopping on the spur of the moment !! i guess when theres that much space distances seem a lot smaller
In the far flung north of scotland, no one thinks it a big deal to drive 2 hours to inverness yet here in northumberland, its a big deal to drive a whole 15 mins to newcastle, i think every area has different ideas of travelling times
And finances, everybody seems to forget those.
You may have the will, need to travel but not the dosh.
It's not just the distance. It is the cost of the fuel and the salaries. In the UK salaries are much smaller and the tax theft by the government makes fuel costs much higher than either of thiose countries although give them a few years and they will catch up with us. They still have things to tax, we are running out.