Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Energy prices to soar as British reserves 'head downhill fast'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you havent already, get a wood burning stove, I'm currently trying to find a good, "cheap" one...
#coz you wont be able to afford gas and electric soon.../...

Energy prices to soar as British reserves 'head downhill fast' warns watchdog boss

Ofgem chief executive Alistair Buchanan issues big warning to consumers
Power plants closing and foreign gas supplies are falling as demand rises
Buchanan: 'It's likely that avoiding power shortages will also carry a price'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...warns.html
(19 February 2013, 14:26)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you havent already, get a wood burning stove, I'm currently trying to find a good, "cheap" one...
#coz you wont be able to afford gas and electric soon.../...

Energy prices to soar as British reserves 'head downhill fast' warns watchdog boss

Ofgem chief executive Alistair Buchanan issues big warning to consumers
Power plants closing and foreign gas supplies are falling as demand rises
Buchanan: 'It's likely that avoiding power shortages will also carry a price'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...warns.html

this was known as far back as 2007, 5 years they sat on their arses and did nothing!Big Grin
I am sorted with wood burners big time, and loads of wood , hydrolic splitter ...i,m ready

been ready since 2005
(19 February 2013, 18:29)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorted with wood burners big time, and loads of wood , hydrolic splitter ...i,m ready

been ready since 2005

BASTARD TongueBig Grin
been coming for a long time their will always be wood
but gas oil elecity will be limited by price if you got money your ok but most will be fuxked
I think this is another massive reason why we need to keep the falklands..... or is that a bit to political?

''Vast reserves of shale gas revealed in UK''
I can also see water prices soaring once they get everyone on to water meters.
So it will be a choice what do you want water, electric or heating a few years down the line.
On a personal level I do not have an argument against meters - if you have used the item you pay for the use.
My argument is with the 'people' who make up these huge excuses to ramp up the unit price for no apparent good reason.
i heard that any new home owner has to have a water meter fitted as compulsory
Water is the one utility that should only ever be charged for at cost price, it should never have been privatised, those who accpt water privatisation are the same ones wanting to charge a clear air tarriff.
Pages: 1 2