Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Will it ever happen ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So some guys on here having been prepping for years to of which you have built up quite a stock of various goodies that will keep you well in SHTF situation.

Some of you are over 50 so may have been prepping for 25 years plus with nothing happening yet !

Do you really think it will happen in your lifetime ?
(19 February 2013, 14:46)Shaysdad99 Wrote: [ -> ]So some guys on here having been prepping for years to of which you have built up quite a stock of various goodies that will keep you well in SHTF situation.

Some of you are over 50 so may have been prepping for 25 years plus with nothing happening yet !

Do you really think it will happen in your lifetime ?

i havent been prepping for 25 years but i DO believe it will happen in my lifetime, the more i see every day in the news makes me believe IT is coming!this country is becoming the garbage dump for every third world country, sooner or later the whole thing is going to explode in our faces.
its just what the country needs imo but although i love to prep the uk seems to get so close to total meltdown then recovers
It's already happened...
Happening by 1000 paper cuts.
(19 February 2013, 14:54)Shaysdad99 Wrote: [ -> ]its just what the country needs imo but although i love to prep the uk seems to get so close to total meltdown then recovers

dont believe everything "they" tell you! after every event we slip just that little bit further into the mire.
Ok so I have been prepping for 30 plus years and it has helped me personally and my family by getting me through the power cuts of the 70s, freuent periods of unemployment, violent miners strikes, IRA outrages, outragous climatic events from the recent floods to the blizzards and ice of 2010, The skills and kit helped my light my home during the power cuts in the seventies, it helped my source wild foods during the multiple transport strikes in the 70s and 80s, it helped me survive the horridly violent poll tax riots, it helped me when I was leaving Docklands on the day when the IRA blew up canary wharf, it helped me during the fuel protest blocades in 2000 and the panic buying last year. So yeah it has helped and I have frequently had to rely on my food and fuel stocks and tools n kit.
(19 February 2013, 15:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I have been prepping for 30 plus years and it has helped me personally and my family by getting me through the power cuts of the 70s, freuent periods of unemployment, violent miners strikes, IRA outrages, outragous climatic events from the recent floods to the blizzards and ice of 2010, The skills and kit helped my light my home during the power cuts in the seventies, it helped my source wild foods during the multiple transport strikes in the 70s and 80s, it helped me survive the horridly violent poll tax riots, it helped me when I was leaving Docklands on the day when the IRA blew up canary wharf, it helped me during the fuel protest blocades in 2000 and the panic buying last year. So yeah it has helped and I have frequently had to rely on my food and fuel stocks and tools n kit.

I see your point your raising but its not a specific answer to what i have asked , yes there have been points that its helped you over the years but will it ever happen to a sense that britian will be lawless and we are forced to defend ourselfs , people dieing etc goverment collapsing
(19 February 2013, 16:00)Shaysdad99 Wrote: [ -> ]will it ever happen to a sense that britian will be lawless and we are forced to defend ourselfs , people dieing etc goverment collapsing

i believe that point comes ever closer all the time, wait until next january when Romanians and Bulgarians come flooding into Britain in their THOUSANDS( about 50% of both those countries populations say they are coming here),the resourses of this country are stretched now, then they just WONT be able to cope, soon after( unless Davy boy gets us out of the EU..cant see that happening) thats when the brown stuff will hit the blades!!Angry
(19 February 2013, 16:06)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(19 February 2013, 16:00)Shaysdad99 Wrote: [ -> ]will it ever happen to a sense that britian will be lawless and we are forced to defend ourselfs , people dieing etc goverment collapsing

i believe that point comes ever closer all the time, wait until next january when Romanians and Bulgarians come flooding into Britain in their THOUSANDS( about 50% of both those countries populations say they are coming here),the resourses of this country are stretched now, then they just WONT be able to cope, soon after( unless Davy boy gets us out of the EU..cant see that happening) thats when the brown stuff will hit the blades!!Angry

so in your opinion that will be the straw that breaks the camels back
Pages: 1 2 3 4