Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Good afternoon guys, with this thread I just wanted to inquire on what people take part in. Obviously, firearms are one of the most predominate killing ''machine'' when it comes to wars or even heated discussions in places like the middle east and America, but us Europeans do not have the capability to keep 500 rounds and a converted AK-47 under the mattress.

I often go to a place called Bisley for shooting targets with air rifles or small bore rounds, but if the SHTF these skills will be made redundant because all I have is an air rifle capable of 12 PCF.

I also play a bit of Airsoft every now and then but I think this is, in a sense, a great way to train to be silent, unseen and aggressive/defensive even doe technically they're just ''toys''.

So my questions are:
Do you like Americas second amendment? ( I am personally jealous)

Do you ever go range shooting?

What's your thought's on airsoft?

Thanks
HideandSeek
The second amendment has its good points and bad,... but it doesn't matter either way, its now their right to bear arms,..and it will take a lot to change it,...if ever,.. am I jealous?, am I hell, there is more to life than beans n bullets.

I haven't gone to a rifle range since I was in the Army,.. but I have been known to do a little stalking

I have never done airsoft so cant really comment on it
get an air rifle that has been tuned down for the uk. buy the parts that would up the power (all legal as long as they stay away from the rifle) if shtf apply the parts and you have a fire arm that has an enldes supply of rounds. my gamo varmint stalker shoots at 650fps the u.s varmint (hunter) same gun. shoots a 1450fps.
Grew up playing rambo in the woods and shooting bb guns, not fired a real gun since I was in the cadets. I own a recurve bow and a air pistol, prefer archery to the pistol. Also got a few catapults.
(19 February 2013, 21:29)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Grew up playing rambo in the woods and shooting bb guns, not fired a real gun since I was in the cadets. I own a recurve bow and a air pistol, prefer archery to the pistol. Also got a few catapults.

Bit of a weird question, What is the effective range of your bow?

(19 February 2013, 21:14)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]The second amendment has its good points and bad,... but it doesn't matter either way, its now their right to bear arms,..and it will take a lot to change it,...if ever,.. am I jealous?, am I hell, there is more to life than beans n bullets.

I haven't gone to a rifle range since I was in the Army,.. but I have been known to do a little stalking

I have never done airsoft so cant really comment on it

I believe the 2nd amendment is great when it comes to defending your family or household. For a good example, look at the farmer a few years ago that shot the two burglar's, wasn't he charged for defending his land?
Not sure im abit limited as to when I get to play, not a range nearby and living in a city doesnt help. Mesing around with it about 15m probably more if I didnt run the risk of being caught
(19 February 2013, 21:21)Wildman Wrote: [ -> ]get an air rifle that has been tuned down for the uk. buy the parts that would up the power (all legal as long as they stay away from the rifle) if shtf apply the parts and you have a fire arm that has an enldes supply of rounds. my gamo varmint stalker shoots at 650fps the u.s varmint (hunter) same gun. shoots a 1450fps.

is that 22 or 177 pal?

(19 February 2013, 21:37)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(19 February 2013, 21:21)Wildman Wrote: [ -> ]get an air rifle that has been tuned down for the uk. buy the parts that would up the power (all legal as long as they stay away from the rifle) if shtf apply the parts and you have a fire arm that has an enldes supply of rounds. my gamo varmint stalker shoots at 650fps the u.s varmint (hunter) same gun. shoots a 1450fps.

is that 22 or 177 pal?

and whats that in ftlbs

is that 22 or 177 pal?

is that 22 or 177 pal?

and whats that in ftlbs

mine is a .22 and it shoots @ the legal 12pounds.Monday 25/02/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...uzDwI#t=8s ok i got it wrong the 177 shhots at 1250fps but still more powerfull than flint locks, brakes the sound barrier and kills wild hogs with ease.

its the varmint hunter extreme that shoots at 1450fps, but a small stretch of the spring should liven things up lol hope it helps
(19 February 2013, 21:46)Wildman Wrote: [ -> ]

is that 22 or 177 pal?

is that 22 or 177 pal?

and whats that in ftlbs

mine is a .22 and it shoots @ the legal 12pounds.Monday 25/02/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...uzDwI#t=8s ok i got it wrong the 177 shhots at 1250fps but still more powerfull than flint locks, brakes the sound barrier and kills wild hogs with ease.

its the varmint hunter extreme that shoots at 1450fps, but a small stretch of the spring should liven things up lol hope it helps

That is an Impressive piece of kit!..
i spent about a year looking for the ideal survival rifle and she's the one. i plan to get a butt sleeve to put survival items in, a bi-pod and decent scope and she's ready for the field.
Pages: 1 2 3 4