Survival UK Forums

Full Version: RANT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
O.K., sorry about this, but.... if I see one more TV advert relating to water aid, save the african children, Syrian blankets or anything else relating to countries completely unconnected to this country I shall scream the place down. I am fed up to the back teeth with being lectured about poor starving children in other countries - for chrissake doesn't anyone out there know about contraception? - I don't care a toss about all that rubbish; I am not going to sign up to some direct debit for £X per month for God knows how long, and I am certainly not interested in the sickly, pathetic music that accompanies each and every single one of those flaming adverts.

Oh, feel better now, off to eat chocolate.
THAT WAS AWESOME!..

I think we have to start looking at home before we start peering abroad.
Charitys do a good job but why do the likes of oxfam have there hq in the poshest part of london, surley if they relocated to somewere cheaper they could spend more on helping, and I bet those tv adverts arnt cheap.
For even more fun, check out which charities havethe highest paid execs and CEO's then check the lowest paid. That'll show something amazing.
I only give to the sally army....me done nuff said
20 million starving when Live aid happened. 20 years later its 80 million starving.

I dont like the adverts. I know these people need help, but I preferred the older ads. "Give a man a fish and he will be fed, give a man a fishing rod and he can fish and feed his family forever" or an approximation of such. The aid itself makes farming or trying to get a job in these countries next to impossible as the UN is giving stuff away for free. Its like the benefits culture here, only with a much faster rate of reproduction and a far lower quality of life.

Ive seen adverts saying "please do not feed the wild animals, as they will get dependent on your food and wont be able to fend for themselves" and as common sense as that is no one applies it to people because "think of the children" mentality.

The whole "here is a crying child, possibly in black and white with some sad music playing, you feel guilty for just eating dont you? give just £5 a month or as much as you can afford" type adverts annoy me. If i could personally give that kid £5 then yeah, every now and again maybe I would.. but as someone esle has said the trickle down economy means that kid sees harldly any of that donation and if they do it probably isnt in a sustainable way and only encourages more dependance.

its a tricky situation and its politically incorrect to even imply the obvious solutions.

All my clothes and book donations go to the Dorothy house or similar.
I don't have TV - none of those adverts for me Big Grin

Sorry, I'll stop feeling smug now Tongue
if there was ever a country that had a bone to pic with the world its africa-even the charitys are keeping them down. and the sheeple hear the violins.
TPTB are keeping Africa down,It has the potential to feed the world but cant feed itself.
(19 February 2013, 23:09)TheFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]TPTB are keeping Africa down,It has the potential to feed the world but cant feed itself.

No they are not Smile Robert Mugabe is causing the bottom half of Africa to starve, When Rhodesia was still flourish it fed itself, mozambique, parts of SA and Angola, it was the breadbasket of Africa, then when it become Zimbabwe within a few years it could not even feed itself, Its Africans keeping themselves down.
Pages: 1 2