Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Air travel issues back in the news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People are starting to forget 911 etc and are now starting to whinge ( fairly) about the insane levels of security on planes.

My missus flies a lot and she is fed up with not being able to take half her cosmetics etc, and I am fed up with her not taking her EDC gear with her, so we have found a way round the issue.

I just parcel up her cosmetics and EDC gear along with anything she doesnt want to carry and send it as a registered parcel to her destination, Yup it costs but I get to sleep know that she has all her survival essentials waiting for her at her destination.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columni...air-travel
They make such a fuss about knives - even tiny pen knives - not being allowed on flights and then they give you small cans of Coke on the flight. Which can be very easily converted into an improvised weapon. As can a bunch of keys on a keyring - makes a nice cosh.
(21 February 2013, 11:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]People are starting to forget 911 etc and are now starting to whinge ( fairly) about the insane levels of security on planes.

My missus flies a lot and she is fed up with not being able to take half her cosmetics etc, and I am fed up with her not taking her EDC gear with her, so we have found a way round the issue.

I just parcel up her cosmetics and EDC gear along with anything she doesnt want to carry and send it as a registered parcel to her destination, Yup it costs but I get to sleep know that she has all her survival essentials waiting for her at her destination.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columni...air-travel

Yup, that £20 or £30 to get the goods to her is well worth it for the peace of mind.
£18 last time and she arrived at Southampton air port went to a location in town and collected her kit, well worth the effort because the half witted retards in the air ports even try at time to tell her not to take those minature rechargable power packs for keeping her cell phone charged up with, they go purple if they see torches and multi tools and apopleptic if she takes her SAK with her. To save money she now just leaves a small kit at a relatives house down there.
(21 February 2013, 12:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]£18 last time and she arrived at Southampton air port went to a location in town and collected her kit, well worth the effort because the half witted retards in the air ports even try at time to tell her not to take those minature rechargable power packs for keeping her cell phone charged up with, they go purple if they see torches and multi tools and apopleptic if she takes her SAK with her. To save money she now just leaves a small kit at a relatives house down there.

If your good wife (or any family member) is ever in need of anything when in Southampton then give me a shout Sir. I'm sure I can rustle up most required items Wink
Gracias Senor, multiple backups are always prudent.
(21 February 2013, 12:16)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Gracias Senor, multiple backups are always prudent.

Not a problem. I can stash a "care package" in the garden, or anywhere you want really, so if there's no one in or available then the items are still accessible. Just let me know what you want in it and I'll sort it out.

This goes for anyone going to find themselves in my neck of the woods