Survival UK Forums

Full Version: A snippet off the history channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The last couple of minutes about nuclear power and nuclear weapons that made me sit bolt upright. The presenter of the program pointed out that the leak from Chernoby has killed and injured far more people than both Hiroshimi and Nagasaki bombs. It is estimated that over 5 million people have now been affected by radiation from chernobyl most developing life shortening cancers and deformities compared with 40 to 60 thousand direct victims of each of the two bombs and roughly the same numbers again in the aftermath of the two bombs.

FIVE MILLION PEOPLE directly affected by one leaking plant!!!!, just think about that the next time you object to a wind farm, gas fracking or biomass incinerator in your area, equally remember we tend to build our nuclear plants on westen to north western coasts so if they leak the wind is going to push any fallout over most of our cities.
find out where your nearest nuclear plant is people, then work out the PREVAILING wind direction, this is one of the reasons why we left Glastonbury after 10 years of living there, we were directly DOWNWIND of Hinckley Point, this was at the time they announced a new plant was going to be built there.
Had a geography teacher break down in tears at the mention of chernobyl, few lessons later she told us she used to work at a childrens hospital, this is a few years after the disaster. Children born with deformities or terminal illness. Its not just ukraine this disaster affected, livestock still need to be tested in the lake district.

pyriprat has also become a "zone" for tourists, not my cup of tea for a holiday. Lotsof bribery to the gaurds ect to get to certain places in town, this was knocked on the head in 2011, not sure if its been allowed again.
Theres a charity that even today bring the Children of Chernobyl and prepyat to the UK for respite holidays, I've met some of them, I cried a lot afterwards.
The whole central European region suffered huge numbers of human birth defects in the year(s) following Chernobyl.

Official records don't reflect this. How strange.
Wales and Northern Ireland are pretty clear for nuclear power stations.
(22 February 2013, 12:23)Tibbs735 Wrote: [ -> ]Wales and Northern Ireland are pretty clear for nuclear power stations.

If the power station near BP farts and the summer winds from the south east are blowing Eire and Wales will cop that.

if Sellafield farts in the winter the northerly winds will do the same to Wales and Eire

When Chernobyl farted the sheep on the hills only 20 miles from me we quarentined for 8 .5 years as the grass on the high pennines and upper dales was poisoned by fallout.

(22 February 2013, 11:48)Digger Wrote: [ -> ]The whole central European region suffered huge numbers of human birth defects in the year(s) following Chernobyl.

Official records don't reflect this. How strange.

The deformaties and cancers are STILL happening, and its being covered up, but still each year those damaged infants are being born.
(22 February 2013, 12:27)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]If the power station near BP farts and the summer winds from the south east are blowing Eire and Wales will cop that.

Hinckley Point is a long way from us here, we have Exmoor in between us and the prevailing wind is FROM the south west so away from us, thats one of the reasons we moved to this town as opposed to anywhere else....there was a reason we moved here, it wasnt just pot luck!Big Grin
If the government think nuclear is so safe, they should build a nuclear plant in or near central london.
(23 February 2013, 21:18)Lancsprepper Wrote: [ -> ]If the government think nuclear is so safe, they should build a nuclear plant in or near central london.

I've a better idea, the French and Russians both have designs for nuclear reactors that are fully self contained and dont need billions of litres of sea water to keep em cool, so all these Nimby communities who object to pylons, wind farms, land fills, incinerators etc THEY should give given the privalege of hosting a nuclear power station.
Pages: 1 2