Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Pigeon Catching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, this is something I saw in a book I'm reading about accelerated learning (don't ask why it's in there. It'll create a whole massive conversation which I can't be bothered going into), and I thought I'd look into videos of it being done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztnwIKfqlRQ
Trail of food on the floor into a cardboard or light wooden crate with a stick holding one side up, wait for greedy pigeon to eat the trail of food and then go inside and pull out the stick.
like the man said on the video they are full of disease! dont try eating a TOWN pigeon what you want is WOOD pigeonBig Grin
nice one s13 ,i would eat one if it was cooked well no prob
feral..as in town or city pigeons are nothing more than flying rats, they'll eat any old rubbish and are full of crap and disease....if your going to eat pigeon you need its country cousin the WOOD pigeon, its fed on grain and crops.
(26 February 2013, 15:45)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]feral..as in town or city pigeons are nothing more than flying rats, they'll eat any old rubbish and are full of crap and disease....if your going to eat pigeon you need its country cousin the WOOD pigeon, its fed on grain and crops.

yeah mat wood pigeon are nice to eat ,but if you cook it well no prob,as long as there is no beetroot Big Grin
You guys act like this technique was for use when you had the choice of being picky!

All the talk on this forum about "long pig" and eating road kill and you turn your nose up at a pigeon that has been eating much of the same food you have.

I have taken pigeons like the man on film. I have also caught them using makeshift nets as they flew into confined spaces. I have also taken them off their roosts at night.

Popped a few with .22 and air rifle too. One of the few food scources you can actually take consistantly with an airgun.

Peel the skin/feathers off and roast them on a spit over a low fire.

You can also pen them and raise them for food, free of the "diseases" you are concerned over. Clip their wing feathers and even if they escape the pen they will not be going anywhere.
thinking about eatting rat again
as opposed to flying rats i suppose?Big GrinBig Grin
Loads of methods of catching pidgeons, seen little paper grease cups that you put a raisin in, pidgeon sticks head in cup wich sticks to it, not tried this method.

I can see where bp is coming from with them being foul vermin, they are known to carry upto 52 diseases. You see a lot of ferals with missing toes/stumps always asumed it was due to them getting caught in rubbish, turns out its due to them ingesting chemicals/processed food. Dont have any links for that, but it came from a guy into science and hes been right about alot of stuff so far. Does make you wonder the effects junk food and fizzy drinks have on our bodies.
Pages: 1 2