Survival UK Forums

Full Version: my first pet died
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i dont really know why im making this thread, well ok i do, its because im really drunk (yes its not realated to prepping sorry) but anyway, my first pet cat died last night, i held him in my arms for over 8 hours straight whilst he was dying and tonight me and my dad had a wake of sorts and got really drunk to comemerate his passing (7:57pm 25/2/13, he was 14) and im just in that kinda mood where i feel like telling the truth on things.

so's basically i love this forum, and i love everyone who goes on this forum, prepping has opened me up to so many things, instead of calling out a plumber and letting him do his work i stand next to him and talk to him and ask him how everything works while he does his job, instead of buying equipment and just having it sitting there waiting to be used, i go backpacking as often as i can and use the equipment i have and develop my skill set, whether or not a catastrophe actually occurs or not, prepping has made me a better person and i am deeply thankful to all the members of this forum for helping me along this path (and helping to teach me about various parts of prepping)

prepping is not only the sensible thing to do to prepare for any eventuality, but it is an enriching adventure to embark upon, i am thankful i got into it as i really am a better person for it, both in spirit and in body.

at any rate i would like to say a heartfelt thank you to every member of this forum for making me welcome and for encouraging me to carry on with this hobby/ sensible pastime and i am a better person because of all of your encouragement and help.

i guess theres not much else to say really, except that i had a bad case of depression (my mind was fucked) and the one hobby that i ever stuck with in my life, was prepping, i fervently believe it helped me out of the rut i was in and enriched my life in so many ways, and so anyone whom reads this post, whether they believe that prepping is a good pastime or a stupid one, invests some time in learning the skills that prepping promotes as it will make you a better person!

so i apoligise for the rambling and drunken nature of this post i am very drunk and currently grieving for the loss of my dearest friend (my cat) but i do mean everything i've said here today, everyone on this forum has helped me in so many ways, whether it be from their friendship or from information they have given me, all have had an impact on my life!...

...so everyone, Thank You, from the bottom of my heart.
Hrusai, I am sorry to hear about your cat and I can well understand why you got drunk. I,ve lost count of the number of cats in my life. They have, like your own been wonderful creatures. The one I have now is the best one I've ever had, but the one before was a Farm cat (feral). She used to bring in rabbits for us, she was killed on the road by a car, just two years old. With the loss of many cats over my life, like you, I've always felt their loss so much. Time heals but you never forget them. Kenneth Eames.
yeah sorry to hear that dude we do get close to them ,got three dogs my self ones 14 and 11 and 3 so going to have to deal with it soon which sucks
Loosing pets is hard, there part of the family. Sorry to here about your loss
have lost many dogs and a few cats myself over the years, so i know what your going through, their not just pets they are part of the family, its always sad when one departs, best wishes BP.
Sorry to hear that hrusai that least he had a good life i know its hard.
grief is grief buddy pets become a big part of your life, but like all grief it will pass, but you will always remember them
Im sorry to hear that you lost your cat,I had my last cat die a couple of years ago they become part of the family,i can still remember burying her,keep your head up brother.

Got a new one now and hes a little shit
So sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. We lost a much loved dog last year and it left an enormous hole in our lives. I am sure your cat had a good life and you will remember him. Chin up.
thanks for all the kind words everyone, means alot Smile
Pages: 1 2