Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Electricity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just had a very interesting conversation with an electrical surveyor sent by the housing association( they want to change our storage heaters for MORE storage heaters-which we dont use). anyway, basically he said if EVERYONE used direct heating-like wot we do- the country wouldnt have enough power to go around!!Big Grin
Never understood storage heaters if its cold tonight you stick them on to get a warm house tomorrow, I also find they give me a sore throat.
no nore me, i also had them in my flat in Plymouth-didnt use them then either!they give out the heat during the day by evening when you want the heat their empty! never could see the point of that, i think their really old fashioned, will probably have to let HA fit them but we wont be using them.
My grans in ha, and they also provide them. Why not spend the money on something usefull.
(27 February 2013, 14:13)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]My grans in ha, and they also provide them. Why not spend the money on something usefull.

yeah, like new windows, the existing ones are wooden and they are rotten!
(27 February 2013, 11:34)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]just had a very interesting conversation with an electrical surveyor sent by the housing association( they want to change our storage heaters for MORE storage heaters-which we dont use). anyway, basically he said if EVERYONE used direct heating-like wot we do- the country wouldnt have enough power to go around!!Big Grin

Unreal they should now that convection heaters are the most efficient I think they are cheaper to buy too
(27 February 2013, 15:22)David075 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 February 2013, 11:34)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]just had a very interesting conversation with an electrical surveyor sent by the housing association( they want to change our storage heaters for MORE storage heaters-which we dont use). anyway, basically he said if EVERYONE used direct heating-like wot we do- the country wouldnt have enough power to go around!!Big Grin

Unreal they should now that convection heaters are the most efficient I think they are cheaper to buy too

got a small one in the hall, uses less than 1kw costs £25 to buy.
I am sat sittin here next to my rayburn on full blast........sorry BP ....and free wood....double dog sorry BP.....off for a bath now......free hot water to.....i,ll stop now

OH the kettles just boiled ....take a cupper up to bathroom ....can,t stop myself sorry BP......now thats quite enough

oh bugger OH just taking corned beef pie out of oven.....stop ...stop
Sounds like I have found my bol, whats the adress ss?
(27 February 2013, 19:26)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]I am sat sittin here next to my rayburn on full blast........sorry BP ....and free wood....double dog sorry BP.....off for a bath now......free hot water to.....i,ll stop now

OH the kettles just boiled ....take a cupper up to bathroom ....can,t stop myself sorry BP......now thats quite enough

oh bugger OH just taking corned beef pie out of oven.....stop ...stop
thanks SS, will be using my log burner in the summer, not allowed to fit in an HA property,(all electric no chimney) but come SHTF rules wont apply, there will be a big hole in the wall!!Big GrinBig Grin
Pages: 1 2