Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Use your vehicle to wash clothes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we done overland expeditions we used a 20 litre bucket with a lid to wash our clothes. Basically add water to the bucket along with the clothes to be washed and washing powder. The movement of the vehicle washed the clothes. At the end of the day when we made camp the clothes were wrung out and hanged out to dry ready to wear the next day.

With the state of the roads your clothes should come out spotless.
Bloody good idea uks...thanks mate
I've heard of similar where someone in India towed a tub behind a bike or even while they walked and it washed their clothes. Makes a lot of sense.
it hadnt occured to me!Tongue
We used to do this is Cyprus, when we used drive up to Akamas the roads there were perfect for wash days too
(1 March 2013, 17:58)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]it hadnt occured to me!Tongue

With all those potholes in the roads in Devon that you reported, you could charge folks to drive your roads and wash their clothes at the same time. Sell someone the detergent concession, and charge per mile like the laundromats do... put a coin in he box every 2 miles or so...

You don't have to pay me for this idea, just send me a few million dollars once the idea takes off, or give me the tire and wheel alignment concession. Tongue
(4 April 2013, 16:40)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]
(1 March 2013, 17:58)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]it hadnt occured to me!Tongue

With all those potholes in the roads in Devon that you reported, you could charge folks to drive your roads and wash their clothes at the same time. Sell someone the detergent concession, and charge per mile like the laundromats do... put a coin in he box every 2 miles or so...

You don't have to pay me for this idea, just send me a few million dollars once the idea takes off, or give me the tire and wheel alignment concession. Tongue

yeah right, yawn,yawn!
that's got to be one of the best new ideas ive heard in a long time.
I almost wish I had a vehicle.
be very handy until the fuel becomes a problem but that can be avoided for ages with homemade biodiesel.