Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Good time to befriend a game keeper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
you never know we might see cheap Venison in the supermarkets
(7 March 2013, 10:26)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...perts.html
To be honest there are loads of roe deer around these parts, and from what I see they don't do much damage at all around here, there are lots of diverse foodstuffs or them so I don't see much tree damage etc. Where tree damage tends to be more prevelant is where they plant huge plantations of trees using momoculture methods destroying the natural ecosystem and variety of food the Deer naturaly eat, when all you have are trees they will obviously eat the bark for the sugary sap. With all the gun laws in this country it is hard to see there being a suitable population of hunters who are able to make an effect on the deer population, and so the numbers will climb till nature finds the balance and limits their numbers. We could live in hope that the Government allows the use of Bows and Crossbows for hunting deer, as well as fire arms but that is not going to happen is it?
We are blighted with suicidal muntjuics who think they can outstare cars and vans !!
(7 March 2013, 11:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]We are blighted with suicidal muntjuics who think they can outstare cars and vans !!
I've never seen one of them around here, we only get Roe. How big are Muntjuics?
(7 March 2013, 12:21)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]
(7 March 2013, 11:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]We are blighted with suicidal muntjuics who think they can outstare cars and vans !!
I've never seen one of them around here, we only get Roe. How big are Muntjuics?

their quite small, we had them in Somerset, but in Devon its mostly Red deer with a few Roe.
(7 March 2013, 12:22)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(7 March 2013, 12:21)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]

their quite small, we had them in Somerset, but in Devon its mostly Red deer with a few Roe.

Wish we had Red Deer. You would think they would be on the North Yorks moors as it is very much like Dartmoor etc but as far as I know we don't might be wrong tho