Survival UK Forums

Full Version: A Little Common Sense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Everyone

Not sure whether this will be shut down. If it is, I really don't mind. As long as it's not deleted.

When we post things, I'd love it if people started using some common when replying to threads, and also if people reading the answers used some common sense. Please don't take this the wrong way, it's not meant as an insult, and it's certainly not all members that do this. If you are above average intelligence, then odds are you're one of the ones that has common sense.

I know prepping is a very exciting thing, and living the fantasy that the world will collapse, is also an exciting idea. The truth is, it's also a crap scary thing.

There are many genuine preppers on here, and they are really storing stuff up and getting things in place. But there are also those that spend more time on their seat instead of at the archery range, shooting range, or garden.

If you are a real prepper, well done, and keep the posts flowing. If you're a fantasist and like the idea of life post SHTF, at least you're part way there to real prepping. If you're a keyboard prepper and spend more time infront of the computer instead of prepping, please keep that almighty power of common sense in your posts, otherwise your information could well be more dangerous than helpful.

Having said that, we're all in the need of applying more sense to what we post, what we read, and what we believe.
WTF?AngelAngel
i often spend so much time prepping that i forget the fact im doing it for a scarey reason.
I also suffer with opening mouth before thinking.
if anything i write ever causes distress or alarm to anyone, i appologise, take no notice of it, its just my mouth moving before the brain finished processing it.
Hang on......I missed the part where Skean died and made Scythe the boss.
S13 Why worry about others?
(7 March 2013, 18:17)Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]Hang on......I missed the part where Skean died and made Scythe the boss.

Eggsactly!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(7 March 2013, 18:16)Luci_ferson Wrote: [ -> ]i often spend so much time prepping that i forget the fact im doing it for a scarey reason.
I also suffer with opening mouth before thinking.
if anything i write ever causes distress or alarm to anyone, i appologise, take no notice of it, its just my mouth moving before the brain finished processing it.

luckily im not of above average inteligence so im excused lol
Never mind me dying. I'm not really clear on what he is trying to say.

This isn't a dating site. Some of the things we suggest are radical and out of the box. So may sound wild, and in some cases are, after all Scythe was banned from P2S for radical talk which they though wasn't common sense.

I'm looking for advice. Discussions on items and solutions to issues. Some won't be sensible. However, I do expect common sense to apply because we all know what the ultimate aim is. Prepping for survival and minimum hassle.
I guess in a forum where we all have different exact beliefs as to what were prepping for,
were all going to sound a little radical to someone who believes something else.
some believe in solar flares. some in asteroids, meteors etc. some probably believe its just the appocalypse fortold in the bible.

the outcome seems to be pretty much the same, and the methods of survival appear to be similar for whatever we believe the cause to be .

i was a good boy, and left out all the polotical reasons.
I think I was just having a bad day and getting frustrated. Sorry guys. Moving house is stressful (even though we're in the house now) and I think I was just being a knob.

Feel free to delete this SD.

p.s. common sense is always a good thing though.
moving house is certainly one of the most stressfull things you can do.
hope you get settled soon.
nothing worse than the first few weeks learning all the new creaks .
Pages: 1 2 3