Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Those Little Extras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I can't find a spot specifically for this, so here goes. It appears to me that most of you are avidly collecting your food, weapons, etc. etc., but... could I ask if any of you have thought about what you are going to do about (ssshhh!) women's things You know, like sanitary towels, those necessary little lotions and potions, and of course, the biggie, contraception ?? It occurs to me that it would probably not be too convenient for your partner to fall pregnant in a tricky time, and I'm sure that many of you would not want to be "bonk-free" for too long. So how about it, chaps, are you making the arrangements, or are you relying on your partner (who may or may not be in agreement with your point of view) to stockpile the necessary?

Mind you, it does occur to me that a crowd of angry women suffering from PMS with attitude might put paid to the worst SHTF situation.

Just a thought.
Well, I am glad to say, that we don't need to be `Bonk free`,..and there will not be any little Highlanders wandering about either, so contraception is sorted,... but we still do have quiet a few condoms here, they have so many `other` uses,..and they will make great barter goods for the job they were intended for..... as for other `lotions and potions` Bracken has been storing those as part of the medical stores

.... but for many out there, its a damn good question
I have thousands of sanitary things stored in vac pacs which takes up no space at all in comparison to other stores and the time they will last, didn't really consider condoms for that reason because if i'm struggling to survive and keep my child alive I figure that's the least of my concerns. Though I should stock up, just in case, wouldn't want to be bugged in and want to and can't because I didn't prep for it. Ones that aren't lubricated of course so we can use them for carrying water as well.
What is bonking ? mary....more for rice pudding me ....but i seem to remember doing a bit in my day.....oh yeah.....i remember now....good post for young un,s though

Bin house bricked anyhoo
(14 March 2013, 22:09)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]What is bonking ? mary....more for rice pudding me ....but i seem to remember doing a bit in my day.....oh yeah.....i remember now....good post for young un,s though

Bin house bricked anyhoo

Memory shot then? House bricked - ouch!
Got condoms plenty of uses and a few in my survial tins. I also have a few boxes of tampons put away for oh.
Toilet paper and sellotape.

Hey, I have to roll my own cigarettes. Times are hard, we all have to make cut backs.
I think if an event was to last for a long time, then life in many ways would have to revert to the way it was hundreds of years ago,... and for women it was often the use of dried moss,.. maybe not the most comfortable material,.. but.......
Sponge would do the trick surely?
reuseable Sanitry towels are easy to make. The other half and i were talking about it the other day, although she didn't like the idea of washing them
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6