Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Beef jerky!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I lurve beef jerky! I fahookin lurve beef jerky!

It's awesome stuff! Great source of protein, lasts ages (if I don't eat it) and I live near to a distributor Smile

For those round the Northumberland area there is a great little place about 10 minutes up the A1 past Morpeth Smile it's easy enough to find, they normally have a bright yellow 7 ton truck parked up on the side of the road near the entrance Smile

Now does anyone know any receptors I could try? Smile
Seems someone has great taste in food!

Have you tried the honey smoked beef jerky? I LOVE IT!!!!
cant say i have Big Grin but im working my way through the different kinds they have Big Grin
i used to buy 255g bags of the stuff for £4.99 and sell it for £9.99 +pp on ebay, stopped in the end the price of it went up and once other folk knew they could make money off themAngry
made a few pennys anyway as long as i didnt eat it Cool
From 2005-2008 I was shipping 2-3 pounds of home-made a week to Iraq!

My boys claimed they depended on the stuff but I think they were selling it to their buds.

I have been making Beef jerky for many years and I will never be able to tell you how long it will last in storage. Most was eaten within five minutes of the kids finding the stash!
(18 March 2013, 00:14)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]From 2005-2008 I was shipping 2-3 pounds of home-made a week to Iraq!

My boys claimed they depended on the stuff but I think they were selling it to their buds.

I have been making Beef jerky for many years and I will never be able to tell you how long it will last in storage. Most was eaten within five minutes of the kids finding the stash!

Care to post a thread about how it's best made. Most places give similar recipes, but nothing specific on the process, or the other way round.
I make my own. Can't beat marinading the meat in BBQ sauce (with a shot or two of JD in there) for 48 hours, then slap it in the dehydrator.
Isn't beef jerky really salty? So u would have to increase water consumption?
had some at the wilderness gathering year before last, TBH I wasn't that impressed with it.
Looks like I will add jerky to my list and try it out. No substitute for personal experience.
Pages: 1 2