Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Pop up tent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok I know there going to be cheap and chearful but I was wondering if there any good? Has anyone had any expierence with them? These arnt the ones I have seen,just a quick google swearch http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/camping/tents/pop-up
I have used one,... and although they are only supposed to be for one outing, I spent three nights in one, before giving it back.

Only usually for one night because you have a hell of a job refolding them, but if you are thinking about a bug out tent,.. they will do the job
Its for working away doing a minimum of 12hour shifts so im looking at something that goes up quick.
they go up very quick after you do it once and realize how easy it is and the instructions suck Smile
As Highlander wrote. They are a breeze to put up, but pretty damned annoying /frustrating to re-fold.
One thing to consider would be condensation and if its a single skin you may get a bit moistExclamation
If you're used to putting them down, then you'll be the last on onto the camp site and first one out of it, leaving all day before and after to explore and have fun.

The take down process is totally counterintuitive, but once you've got the knack of it, you'll be super happy you have one.

Probably best for spring and summer. Not seen any that were above 2 seasons.
Im hoping ill be one of the last to go, might be able to salvage a posh tent that someone couldnt be bothered to pack up.

Defo wouldnt fancy using one in the winter
(21 March 2013, 12:22)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Defo wouldnt fancy using one in the winter

You could always base with one, and then layer up inside it or around the outside of it. I've always liked the idea of having a small mesh tent thing (thank you WnC, you're a star mate) and just having a small tarp over that. Then layering up under the mesh stuff or under the tarp before the mesh stuff. A fleece internal sleeper is always a nice thing to have inside a sleeping bag. A mylar sleeve is a nice thing to have around the bag haha.
Pages: 1 2