Survival UK Forums

Full Version: prepping IS timeless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
next time your OH or other family member dosent "get" prepping you can quote the history of prepping-see this piece: http://readynutrition.com/resourses/prep..._25022013/
I did but itbsays the page isn't there
click my link, it will take you onto the main page, scroll down, on the right hand side is a list of the recent articles, go down and click on "prepping is timeless" and it will take you to the right page.
CLICK HERE

hope that works
i think i'll stop posting links,people complaining my links dont work, ya'll will have to find them for yourselves then!Big Grin
(22 March 2013, 15:10)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i think i'll stop posting links,people complaining my links dont work, ya'll will have to find them for yourselves then!Big Grin

finding them is easy once you have got us most of the way thereAngel
(22 March 2013, 15:12)I-K-E Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 March 2013, 15:10)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i think i'll stop posting links,people complaining my links dont work, ya'll will have to find them for yourselves then!Big Grin

finding them is easy once you have got us most of the way thereAngel

oh, shucks!!Big GrinTongue
enjoyed that BP ...talking to my mother the other day...she knows about me prepping....and does very much agree i might add, told me stories of the war years and how they survived shortages, living on a small holding ( no more than a mile from where i live ) the GIs billeted in the area ...my mothers sister was working in a office ....and met up with Walter....i remember walter big big man that would not hurt a fly....anyhooo they get married and move back to US of A...they live with walters family for a while (what a change for a valley girl ) culture shock ...margret went about the task of fitting in and adjusting to the new life....she was most supprised how big AND well stocked the CELLAR was...it had everything even stuff she had never seen ( walter was of german decent ) when she asked WHY there was so much food he replyed ...we went hungry in the crash (1930) i or my family will never go hungry again....after walter died in 1967 margret held a YARD SALE hand tools, hand grinders ,whiskey brandy (hoarded over the years ) THE point is..... people have lived in the times of plenty and had total disreguard for how food reaches our tables...why worry its always been...and always will be atitude....i remember hard times 1 of 4 brothers..things were in short supply in my day BUT never food....cardboard in my shoe,s where the holes were was not that bad (except when it rained ) thing is you never forget them times its burnt into your very being....would i make it WTSHTF you can bet your arse on it ....its the other members of my clan that worry me...but hey ..if walter preppared all those years ago then so can i ...vision out of experiance.....margret continues enjoying a full life ....but i do do wish i could have had that single malt case of wiskey....bugger
i can relate to that SS, my birth father was an American GI, if my mother had married him i would have been born in the USA, but life turned out different, was adopted by a couple from Blackpool, mum was from Lancashire, dad from Barnstaple-North Devon. we lived in Blackpool, Huddersfield and then Plymouth, mother ALWAYS had a food store, not cos she was a prepper or survivalist-far from it-you couldnt get "straighter" parents but just incase they had no money or couldnt get to the shops, they just made sure they NEVER ran out of anything it was always replaced before it ran out. dad grew most of our veg in the back garden and mum bottled and preserved stuff including jam, she baked a lot too, mum didnt work cos her health wasnt good(TB). their both long gone now.
It's odd that so many have prepped, but few have lived an EOTWAWKI event.

Will we be in the many that don't live through an event and simply prepare for nothing?

Whether anything happens or not, I'd rather be ready if it does, than not ready.
Pages: 1 2 3