Survival UK Forums

Full Version: bank run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I heard of three people who withdrew their money from the Bank today, I wonder how many more are doing or considering the same thing?
Well if I had savings, I certainly wouldn't have it in a bank. They've set the standard now, it's ok for banks to steal your cash.

To put a prepper spin on this, any spare cash, I would invest in preps.
After the Cyprus debacle, I can perfectly understand the urge to withdraw your cash. but what would you do with it? Sod's Law decrees that as soon as you invest it in something else then an unexpected bill with crawl out from under a stone. Personally, I am reading the financial papers every day and at the first sniffle of a problem in the UK I'll be heading for the Bank, other than that.....
(27 March 2013, 20:01)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]To put a prepper spin on this, any spare cash, I would invest in preps.

My thoughts exactly Rob, screw the banks!

even if i end up with duplicates it's always tradeable goods
I think this is the REAL start of the Euro fall,... no country can stay afloat if its people start to withdraw from its banks, we have all seen that its the banks that run a country,... I think German has just shot themselves in the foot

It could work very well in our favor,.. all these people who are taking their money out of European banks, are looking for a home for it,... the best option at the moment is the UK
(27 March 2013, 20:10)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 March 2013, 20:01)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]To put a prepper spin on this, any spare cash, I would invest in preps.

My thoughts exactly Rob, screw the banks!

even if i end up with duplicates it's always tradeable goods

I was thinking more of things I can use. You can never have enough tea light candles for example. Or tins of beans. Lol.
Took all mine out last year...all thats in there now is what i am prepared to loose.....if you can,t hold it in your hands.....its not yours
Most of mine is still in the bank, but I must say I withdrew a few hundred last week to tide us over in case of a cash machine melt-down or precautionary shut-down of the banks. Tomorrow in Cyprus should be interesting...
I have no savings all my money is in my house (bricks and mortar) and my car now 10 years old, all my money will go in preps and consumables, what I can eat, keep warm with and/or run my car on. Whats going on in Cyprus is not good some people I beleive have lost 40% of their savings I suspect it could be the banks testing the water for similar actions in the future this is a warning !
This is really getting quite worrying. I'm inclined to agree with Highlander - this could be the downturn for the dreaded Eurozone (oh please, God, make it so), but if it is we are all in for a very bumpy ride. All sorts of small warning signs are appearing all over the place. Perhaps I will head down to the Bank sooner rather than later.
Pages: 1 2 3