Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Urban survival with just a edc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=ZRhi97C3Hfk ok this is post collapse, so theres more food and supplies to scavange, but at least hes trying it out

#This is not post collapse
link wont connect.

good intro video for a personal SHTF

but if its the end of the world as we know it then there could be a lot of people looking in bins and there won't be markets for getting left over food
(28 March 2013, 12:40)I-K-E Wrote: [ -> ]good intro video for a personal SHTF

but if its the end of the world as we know it then there could be a lot of people looking in bins and there won't be markets for getting left over food

thats why we have food stores, so we dont have to go out scavenging when everyone else is and get attacked, wont do our families any good if we get killed in the general mayhem, so we have food stores and we go out later down the line after all the others have starved or been attacked and killed.
(28 March 2013, 12:53)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

thats why we have food stores, so we dont have to go out scavenging when everyone else is and get attacked, wont do our families any good if we get killed in the general mayhem, so we have food stores and we go out later down the line after all the others have starved or been attacked and killed.

yep exactly
I need to learn more about traps and snares, but its good that he tried it.
(28 March 2013, 12:53)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

BP and IKE, i dont know about this one. I've been thinking that in the very beginning it may be possible to get some good supplies. has to be done quickly before the siutation gets too desperate and folks start killing over a can of beans. maybe the first day or two , before most people really grasp the situation. for example, a food warehouse could be hit early, whereas as the situation unfolds i'm sure it would be taken over by a gang of some sort. then its too late.
(28 March 2013, 14:48)Rush2112 Wrote: [ -> ]BP and IKE, i dont know about this one. I've been thinking that in the very beginning it may be possible to get some good supplies. has to be done quickly before the siutation gets too desperate and folks start killing over a can of beans. maybe the first day or two , before most people really grasp the situation. for example, a food warehouse could be hit early, whereas as the situation unfolds i'm sure it would be taken over by a gang of some sort. then its too late.

yes, this is quite possible, take the opportunity to top up your stores if you can, but having stores means we can be above the mayhem, we dont have to put ourselves in danger-where desperate people with no food stocks would. if you go to the first store and its obviously a riot situation-DONT even drive into the carpark, move on to the next place on your list.
agreed. dont plan on hitting any retail places, but warehouses are another story. its just too juicy a target.
Pages: 1 2