Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
the following thread was closed.

How to green the deserts and reverse climate change.

SD said the thread could be reopened but to leave the religious stuff out.
ive re-read that thread and cannot see any religious comments in it at all.
the closest ive found is myself explaining that to change one part of the planet alters the another part somehow.

This is cause and affect , science not religion.

Id be very greatefull for clarification. as id really like not to get a thread closed again because of me as its unfair to whoever started the thread.
to "reverse" climate change is a climate change in itself!!!

climate change is a natural phenomonon........ fact!
very true.

lets invest 10 billion in carbon storage.
or we could just stop destroying forests.
every year that a tree grows it is capturing carbon.
why do we need to build a new one when the earth already has them.
oh yep. its hard to tax a tree.
the whole carbon thing is a load of poppycock,

remember years ago it was CFC's? then HCFC's (kyoto treaty, R22 refrigerant phase out etc, R134a in cars AC being phased out)

now they are concentrating on carbon???

during the height of the last ice age, carbon in the atmopshere was way higher than it is now!

I agree that deforestation is bad, but i dont think its as bad as people make out
thanks luci! was about to create this very thread myself, if science is considered a religion on this forum then i'm going to have to seriously reconsider being a member.

and seriously people, you think all this stuff is poppycock?....basic causality, release thousands of tonnes of pollutants into the atmosphere, atmosphere changes. i throw a rock at you, it hits you.....cause and effect.

and yes climate change to a certain degree IS a natural phenomenon, but you can't then say all climate change is natural, all thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs.
I like how it used to be called "global warming" until the knuckleheads realised that the data shows the earth's average temperature has been dropping for some time. Now its called "climate change". how convenient. if tomorrows weather is different than today's its climate change.

all this is just another way for pols to get more of your money thru taxation.

over here we have a huge a-hole named Al Gore. Lives in mansions, flies in private jets, rides in limos. Then tells the rest of us we should be happy walking to work and give up our air conditioning, live a simple lifestyle. Just another example of how the priviledged class lives one way and tells the rest to live another.

Sting is another one. goes around preaching about over population, but has 6 children of his own. its ok for him, but not for you.
Science itself is only a religion too really.
afterall around 80% of it is unproven theory. therefore it relies on belief.
most theories are only backed up by other theories. so therefore still unproven.

its a complicated world weve made for ourselves lol
(2 April 2013, 13:11)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]thanks luci! was about to create this very thread myself, if science is considered a religion on this forum then i'm going to have to seriously reconsider being a member.

and seriously people, you think all this stuff is poppycock?....basic causality, release thousands of tonnes of pollutants into the atmosphere, atmosphere changes. i throw a rock at you, it hits you.....cause and effect.

and yes climate change to a certain degree IS a natural phenomenon, but you can't then say all climate change is natural, all thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs.

i think you are overreacting about the sceince = religion thing........

where did these pollutants come from? they were always here, stored in another form!

climate change isnt "to a degree" man made, its a cycle that we can never interrupt.

I'll conceed that we MIGHT be speeding things up, but with only a few hundred years of measured data, versus the thousands of years of stored data extracted from deep core ice samples, the jury is still out for me.

The whole climate change argument falls flat on its ass for me as its all speculation.

If you do think climate change is "man made" just have a think for a minute..... which man made event caused the last ice age? and which man made event started the warming that melted the last ice age?

just think for a moment,
all the pollutants are here, and they will dissolve and change and become harmless in time
its similar to the nitrogen cycle.
and many other cyles in the world.
just nature doing what nature does.

Global warming aint man made. its nature pushing back.
man affects the planet , the planet levels itself off.
theres nothing spooky about it, just the planet adapting.
it will always do it, its natural.
I actually feal safer knowing it does it.
whatever man does, the planet will just counteract it in some way.
Man is nowhere near as important as it likes to think sometimes.
the planet likes to remind us sometimes lol
you don't understand, if man wasnt here for whatever reason, it'd still be changing and getting either hotter or colder.
Pages: 1 2 3