Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Blankets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, does anyone have any experience with Hudson Bay or Witley blankets?

I understand he are some of the best wool blankets around.

Cheers Smile
(8 April 2013, 14:13)SecretPrepper Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, does anyone have any experience with Hudson Bay or Witley blankets?

Cheers Smile

Hudsons Bay Co. are excellent blankets and have been known to last a long time, i have one from the 1960s and it is still going strong.
(8 April 2013, 14:15)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(8 April 2013, 14:13)SecretPrepper Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, does anyone have any experience with Hudson Bay or Witley blankets?

Cheers Smile

Hudsons Bay Co. are excellent blankets and have been known to last a long time, i have one from the 1960s and it is still going strong.

That's cool. Where did you get it?
I know they are expensive but the last a long time so are worth it in the long run
(8 April 2013, 14:18)SecretPrepper Wrote: [ -> ]
(8 April 2013, 14:15)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers Smile

That's cool. Where did you get it?
I know they are expensive but the last a long time so are worth it in the long run
it was a present from my Canadian uncle-sadly no longer with us.
do you have a link for the blankets?
(8 April 2013, 14:21)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]it was a present from my Canadian uncle-sadly no longer with us.

Sorry to hear that.

I have one for witney blankets which are the old suppliers and have found some in the UK. http://witneybedding.co.uk/purchase_poin...ts_26.html#
Because the blankets are made in the UK ad shipped to Canada and USA under license you usually have to buy them from America and get them shipped back here. I have learned that customs likes to screw you over if you buy stuff from across the pond.
WOW thats a lot of dough for a sheet of wool!
(8 April 2013, 14:29)SecretPrepper Wrote: [ -> ]
(8 April 2013, 14:21)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]it was a present from my Canadian uncle-sadly no longer with us.

Sorry to hear that.

I have one for witney blankets which are the old suppliers and have found some in the UK. http://witneybedding.co.uk/purchase_poin...ts_26.html#
Because the blankets are made in the UK ad shipped to Canada and USA under license you usually have to buy them from America and get them shipped back here. I have learned that customs likes to screw you over if you buy stuff from across the pond.

i looked under Hudsons Bay and the blankets are on sale for $295-$495!!ouchBig Grin what about Ex-Army wool blankets instead, they've got them on Ebay.
Bp, Look under the link supplied. They are *cough* slightly cheaper in £.

They may be the best blankets in the world but I wouldn't spend that much on one. Has someone got a spare uncle in Canada they are not using.
(8 April 2013, 14:37)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Bp, Look under the link supplied. They are *cough* slightly cheaper in £.

They may be the best blankets in the world but I wouldn't spend that much on one. Has someone got a spare uncle in Canada they are not using.

they arent a lot cheaper tho! sorry all my Canadian relatives have passed away. i think i'll stick to my sleeping bag at that price.
These are the Crème de la crème of wool blankets. I hear they are able to go to below 0C outside for sleeping in and super durable. I have a couple of surplus wool blanket paired withe a soft but really thin alpaca throw. I might save up and get a witney but it is a lot.
Pages: 1 2