Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Doomsday Preppers today :-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today's episode has this filthy rich guy who has BLOWN serious cash on his preps but he only got a mediocre score...lol

How weird is that????
Some folks really know how to go overboard...or am I not thinking right? Smile
I guess its alot easier to waste money if you have it, if your on a limited budget your more likly to read reviews and buy stuff you need/use. Not seen the episode so I carnt comment on it
You can only do so much by buying gear. Real preparedness is bought with sweat and blisters. There seems to be an attitued of "What is the best X for Y? Ok, I'll just buy that and I'm done." E.g. what's the best knife? Gun? Backpack? the list goes on and on
A score created by someone with a checklist. That someone doesn't know exactly what the event is going to be and has their own views on what is required.

I've not watched the show but I guess he has plenty of MREs, a good solid home and all his gear is good solid quality. It may not be what you and I could buy but I bet we would be happy with what he has and could use that as a great starting point.
I havent watched it yet,..its on tape, so I dont know what he has, but maybe quality is better than quantity
He certainly has both quality and quantity!
He blew half a million dollars on buying a helicopter and while that is great for avoiding traveling by road when everyone is trying to use them, he would be a great target for those who would...

Good for him that he has LOTS of stuff and the dosh to pay for it all but how many folks can do a tenth of what he has done?

Maybe it's just a case of sour grapes for me...
I am in a peevish mood today...Big Grin
Wow wish we all had half a million to spend on a single prep, but if we had the money im sure its easily spent. Got to give him credit hes worked hard to be able to invest that much.
When it comes to prepping there's no such thing as spending too much money. If you can afford it, buy it!
Yes,... but I often think people buy to impress others, this guy could fall to a bigger guy just as easily as anyone else despite his money,.... better to buy good quality and keep quiet about it
(11 April 2013, 17:38)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes,... but I often think people buy to impress others, this guy could fall to a bigger guy just as easily as anyone else despite his money,.... better to buy good quality and keep quiet about it

Anyone can fall to the bigger guy, it shouldn't stop you buying what you can afford.
OPSEC on the other hand cannot be purchased but can be given away, as this guy has done!
Pages: 1 2