Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Survival necklace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/prod...pf_id=32A1
What about something like this

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=32A1
(12 April 2013, 19:25)uks Wrote: [ -> ]What about something like this
Not at those prices I wouldn't...Sad
(12 April 2013, 21:12)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Not at those prices I wouldn't...Sad

Not the price highlander the idea im sure you can make these few a few pence.
Yes, I am sure most of us could quiet easily,.. shame on some suppliers for putting that kind of price on something so simple
It really makes me sick to think of the prices these days when really does only cost a few pence to make. I think they call it robbery.
Break away feature is good. Worth stealing the idea to make yourself... could be fun. I think I will just stick to my clothes with a million pockets though. However this does often cause me problems when I can't remember which one I put my bike keys in.
Instead of spending money on snap off systems, use one of those spring toggles on ski jackets as the clasp on a bit of paracord.

Just get 2 feet of paracord, one of the toggle things, and there you go. Choke proof necklace.
I can sort of see the attraction of something like that for a fisherman who is going to standing in water and have his hands full with rods etc. Having essential items to hand would be useful but if you are moving around a lot it might be a bit uncomfortable. Belt pouches and pockets or webbing would be my choice. I agree that gear suppliers are increasingly taking advantage of the growing swell of interest in the out doors in general.

Even army surplus has rocketed in price over the past few years.
A couple of years ago I became irritated because wheelchairs never come with much in the way of storage space. What I found as a solution was a fisherman's vest that was dripping with pockets, large and small. It'll carry pretty much everything you would want it to, comes, if I remember correctly, in sand colour or navy blue, so you wouldn't stand out in a rural background, it didn't cost a lot more than about 15 quid and because the weight is distributed on the body, you don't feel the effect of it as much as you would if everything was in a bag on your back or in your hand. As an extra plus, it's in keeping with the current fishing theme!
(28 April 2013, 22:20)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of years ago I became irritated because wheelchairs never come with much in the way of storage space. What I found as a solution was a fisherman's vest that was dripping with pockets, large and small. It'll carry pretty much everything you would want it to, comes, if I remember correctly, in sand colour or navy blue, so you wouldn't stand out in a rural background, it didn't cost a lot more than about 15 quid and because the weight is distributed on the body, you don't feel the effect of it as much as you would if everything was in a bag on your back or in your hand. As an extra plus, it's in keeping with the current fishing theme!

Thanks that's a great idea. I have always found my tactical vest and webbing to have massive pouches and not enough smaller ones.
Pages: 1 2 3