Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Survival necklace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am a fan of carrying a survival necklace while hiking in an area that one has been in before. I carry: a SAK, a whistle match-tub LED-light compass thermometer all in one thingy, a pill fob with money and water purification, a pill fob with cotton balls in, a small roll of duck tape on a snapped pen with the ink cartridge taken out, and a small ferro rod.
Do any of you carry anything similar, and what would you add/take away?
P.S: Would a small stick of fat wood be better than cotton balls?
Can you explain how it works as a necklace?
i wear a survival bracelet, but i've never heard of using one as a necklace.
Paracord necklace, with everything on key rings or with holes in it, put onto the paracord.
(12 April 2013, 16:00)Dojo97 Wrote: [ -> ]I am a fan of carrying a survival necklace while hiking in an area that one has been in before. I carry: a SAK, a whistle match-tub LED-light compass thermometer all in one thingy, a pill fob with money and water purification, a pill fob with cotton balls in, a small roll of duck tape on a snapped pen with the ink cartridge taken out, and a small ferro rod.
Do any of you carry anything similar, and what would you add/take away?
P.S: Would a small stick of fat wood be better than cotton balls?

got any pics pal
I carry similar, but not around my neck, I would find that uncomfortable.

Cotton wool balls are ok, mine are covered in Petroleum jelly, they take a spark better that way, except that if kept for a long time, the petroleum tends to dry out a bit
(12 April 2013, 16:46)Dojo97 Wrote: [ -> ]Paracord necklace, with everything on key rings or with holes in it, put onto the paracord.

sounds a bit dingly dangly sort of thingBig Grin
I just stick all that kind of stuff in my pockets.
or in a belt pouch.
I don't want to be the be the rain cloud on parade day, but I wouldn't wear anything around my neck that wouldn't quickly snap under my body weight. Paracord makes a great bracelet or keyring, but round the neck it could also make a good surprise garrote when one stumbles down that tree line slope.
Pages: 1 2 3