Survival UK Forums

Full Version: best survival book to own
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys what would be the best all round survival paper book to own in your opinion not a huge fan of electronic copys of books ie kindle stuff like that I liked a physical copy. Cheers Dave
Sas survival handbook for me.
The best survival book for urban survival I ever read was The ultimate guide to `Wilderness living`, [ surviving with nothing but your bare hands and what you find in the woods].... by John McPherson and Geri McPherson
Depends on what you are surviving and where.

Most of the bush hippie, yuppie bushcraft and military based books are generic so one is as good as the other.

I have a bookcase filled with them and can guarantee their generic content.
I have dozens and dozens of survival books and in each one I usually find one new thing I didn't know or think I should try out. But the one I have in my bug out bag is the SAS survival handbook, it's small (palm sized) and has plenty of useful stuff, and when the SHTF it might just save your life.
(27 April 2013, 05:29)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]I have in my bug out bag is the SAS survival handbook, it's small (palm sized)

Which one is that, there seems to be a few, and none give their size?
(27 April 2013, 09:13)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 April 2013, 05:29)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]I have in my bug out bag is the SAS survival handbook, it's small (palm sized)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAS-Survival-Gui...ival+guide

That should be it. The palm size one has the white cover.
(27 April 2013, 04:19)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on what you are surviving and where.

Most of the bush hippie, yuppie bushcraft and military based books are generic so one is as good as the other.

I have a bookcase filled with them and can guarantee their generic content.

i agree with mortblanc, as i too have bookcases of these things. too generic in nature since they cover so many subjects and scenarios. for example: building a snow cave isnt very useful where i live in the southern US. i have gotten more satisfaction buying books dealing with a specific subject. for example- self defence techniques, gardening, weapons, trapping.

best all-round survival book, in my opinion, is " when all hell breaks loose" buy Cody Lundin. The reason its my favourite is he deals a lot with the mind set needed to survive and the harsh realities likely to be faced.

but i also have old military handbooks that are great for practical skills.

best self defence book i've read: " kill or be killed" by Rex Applegate. Col. Applegate is no nonsense in his approach, trained soldiers during WW II, then moved into the California State Police. old book, he's not trying to sell any products or DVD's.
(27 April 2013, 12:15)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 April 2013, 09:13)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAS-Survival-Gui...ival+guide

That should be it. The palm size one has the white cover.

Thank you,..I have just ordered it
Cheers guys I think I'll be purchasing that one Mooski!
Pages: 1 2