Survival UK Forums

Full Version: forum dedicated to urban survival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think it might be good for people like my self who intend on staying within a city.
Hi Dave,
There's a lot of skills that can be taken from urban to rural and vice versa survival so a dedicated forum purely for urban dwellers may actually detract from the knowledge we could gain.
If you meant you think seeing a section on this site dedicated to U/S might be good I agree.
Iv started writing a series of articles on urban orientated survival on the main site, before doing that I considered creating a new forum but there are great resources already present on survivaluk.
Im city based but find this forum covers everything. If theres anything you want to know just ask, dont beleive the hype cities arnt all doom and gloom and have some helpfull resources if you think outside the box.
Personally I don't want to split the forum into too many slots. I think it is OK at the moment. Most things are interchangable and apply to allr situations with a few well chosen words in to resolve specific issues. Otherwise we get people taking about water in an urban situation that is just as much use to someone in the country but they never see it.
Survival is survival in my view, does not matter where you live , what DOES matter is the preparation for as many scenario's as possible , with an emphasis on your particular circumstances , it follows you do the best you can for you and where you live NOW, after hearing stories on here ...I would be toast inside 2 weeks in a city...... there are lots on here that would manage that environment because they know the crack, horses for courses, on the one hand people just like me are telling city slickers to get out of there fast ....because I do not understand city life...and nor do I want to tbh, only my lack of knowledge and ignorance of city life prevents me from giving a meaningful reply to any post, for you city dwellers , on the other hand you city slickers my be in a similar position to me, but ......when we post, there are many mixed views which I think benefits the whole of people on this site , HOW can we understand and learn IF we do not see or hear your point of view, there is nothing to gain and everything to loose. Lets face it ALL of us would love to have the IDEAL location as we perceive it ,safe, loads of food, water, weapons, fertile soil, solar power, 10,000 gals of fuel , cows,pigs.sheep goats, chickens,doctor, dentist, meds, sunbed , hot tub , swimming pool , 30,000 tons of grain , and all the rest of it . yeah right, You do the best can with what you have.. WE ALL TEACH ONE ANOTHER ON HERE long may that continue
(28 April 2013, 23:15)Dave13 Wrote: [ -> ]Think it might be good for people like my self who intend on staying within a city.

I can understand why you ask the question, but this knowledge is not just good for folk like you who intend staying within city boundaries, the information could be useful for a country guy like me who just happens to be in the city when the shtf

But to make a dedicated part of the forum for Urban survival, would mean dedicated parts of the forum for all manor of things

The beauty of a mixed forum, is that you can ask any question you like and you will receive answers or thoughts from all kinds of people, both city and rural
That's fine guys just throwing it out there.
(29 April 2013, 11:55)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Im city based but find this forum covers everything. If theres anything you want to know just ask, dont beleive the hype cities arnt all doom and gloom and have some helpfull resources if you think outside the box.
I agree absolutely metro. I live mainly in a large town and spend a lot of my time in Edinburgh, as I work there. I have not yet found any question I might have about surviving at least the initial SHTF in either place that hasn't been answered on this forum in one way or another.
Eric
To much good overlap to segregate the two environments, but I hope we smug gits who have escaped the connurbations will have now stopped nagging urban preppers as I was guilty of and start looking at ways of helping them.

I think TBH I have to add that in all honesty many urban preppers dont try as hard as they probably can to get more prepared and more self sufficient WITHIN the city confines, I see many NYC preppers since 911 have made great advances in self reliance from things like Guerilla Gardening
Clearing old footpaths
Reccying multiple transit routes off the beaten paths,
Squeezing PV systems and rooftop gardens into insane spaces
and even greatly uprating their bloody bicycles