Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Mans best friend!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, me and my OH have recently come to a conclusion that a dog in the house would be a great addition to the family, I'm going to be crafty here and try to get a dog which will help me towards my survivals and outdoor goals but I also want a docile, family friendly dog.

I recently spoke to a few fellas I met in the gym and they say springers are great family dogs and ultimate retrievers but not very protective, It seems it is going to be hard to find a perfect breed.

I live in an urban environment and have a 1 YO (near enuff), do you guys have any ideas?

Cheers
lurcher, typical poachers dog, also protective and barking around strangers. can be good with kids, get one on trial though, before you buy. Its not a breed though, its a mutt, best get an adult one, you know how big its going to get.

or maybe a whippet
http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/whippet

not so good on the whole jump on intruders and rip there throat out, but handy if your doing a little um,,, harvesting of natures bounty, with a gun, or snares.
i have a couple of german shepherds , great dogs loyal and intelligent
I have three German Shepherds, all have their own back packs, are all trained to pull both a dog scooter [ not very handy after tshtf ] but also a sled and cart, [ very handy ].... and are the most friendly royal dogs you could own
any type of terrier, a lurcher, a greyhound or whippet, a good all round mutt has all the qualities of the pure breeds without any of the problems, if i wanted another dog now i would go round the rescue centres, plenty of abandoned dogs out there looking for a good home.
hopefully moving in with my lass soon, so hoping to get a Lurcher or maybe a Whippet Smile supposed to be really good natured dogs Smile
I have 2 dogs 1 a black Labrador and the other a Rottweiler both great with my 3 year old son and great protective animals and both working dogs.
[Image: PIC_0022_zpsa81cc4c6.jpg]

Intelligent Protective Can Hunt Defend Track And Attack

when not sleeping Big Grin
(30 April 2013, 17:32)Shaysdad99 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: PIC_0022_zpsa81cc4c6.jpg]

Intelligent Protective Can Hunt Defend Track And Attack

when not sleeping Big Grin

Q:"where do they sleep?">>>A:"anywhere they bloody like!"Big GrinBig Grin
Q:"where do they sleep?">>>A:"anywhere they bloody like!"Big GrinBig Grin
[/quote]

Big Grin Tried the paws are for floors routine ! failed Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3