Survival UK Forums

Full Version: post shtf personal hygiene.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Medical problems after an event will become the one most deadly enemy of the survivor.... and the one most effective way of making sure we have the best protection against that is personal hygiene
(7 May 2013, 22:14)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Medical problems after an event will become the one most deadly enemy of the survivor.... and the one most effective way of making sure we have the best protection against that is personal hygiene

That's very true, but often it's still not enough. When I sliced the top of my knuckle off, I cleaned it thoroughly under the tap and again with alcohol swabs, both of which I also did with my finger, before I reattached the knuckle skin. I used sterile equipment, fresh from the pack, so being careful there too. Still managed to get an infection.
I was not thinking about injuries, but more along the lines of Dermatitis, rashes, small grazes going septic... skin problems in general,... we are likely to have medical kits for cuts, but some may well forget that washing is also important