Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Random Survival Tricks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://listverse.com/2013/04/30/10-off-t...and-tools/
Some of these i have never heard of till now, I like the starting fire with ice one the most.
Not opened it yet. I assume it's about using the magnifying glass effect? If so, it's VERY hard to do!!! I've never been able to get it to work.

I think that effect is quoted in an Anthony Hopkins film.

Some of those are pretty good. The punctured lung one I've heard before. Was from Mens Health, years ago, article called "How a packet of crisps can save your life" or something like that. Showed 10 odd medical treatments. Like tampons in bullet wounds, and those kinds of things.
(8 May 2013, 13:55)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Not opened it yet. I assume it's about using the magnifying glass effect? If so, it's VERY hard to do!!! I've never been able to get it to work.

I think that effect is quoted in an Anthony Hopkins film.

Some of those are pretty good. The punctured lung one I've heard before. Was from Mens Health, years ago, article called "How a packet of crisps can save your life" or something like that. Showed 10 odd medical treatments. Like tampons in bullet wounds, and those kinds of things.

Haha hard is probably an understatement Tongue
I was looking at trying a lens to start fire, have to wait for the summer
tampons are handy for fire starting, and first aid kits. keep them in my bike first aid kit.
(8 May 2013, 14:50)Franc Wrote: [ -> ]tampons are handy for fire starting, and first aid kits. keep them in my bike first aid kit.

Friction?????

Sorry meant to say, by what method, friction or magnifying effect?,... and I take it you mean cotton wool balls from a first aid kit
they act as tinder, as long as you keep them dry