Survival UK Forums

Full Version: BOL finder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure where to put this one, its a site regarding possible Bug out locations / cache locations.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/

Check out the 'sites by location' page - the old ROC stations look really interesting to add onto my map.

Apologies if this this has already been covered !!
(9 May 2013, 11:33)MCavity Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure where to put this one, its a site regarding possible Bug out locations / cache locations.

Check out the 'sites by location' page - the old ROC stations look really interesting to add onto my map.

yeah i think its been done several times-dosent hurt to remind people now and again! some of those ROC's are just posts in the ground-i know mine are.
(9 May 2013, 11:33)MCavity Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure where to put this one, its a site regarding possible Bug out locations / cache locations.

Very useful piece MCavity, the one in my area is 15min walk, my partner used to work as a ranger there whilst studying at uni. We were talking about it last week.. believe it or not he used to have a key for it.. pity he didnt make a copySad As for apologies, I dont think it matters on here as newbies such as myself wouldnt have caught articles on this when first published. Thats the thing about this site there is so much info that its easy to overlook, so keep up the good work and dont bother too much if info is repeated. Nel
Glad to help. It's all eye opening stuff to me Smile
trouble with any site like that is its a "public" site, anything put on there is probably going to be compromised months or years ago, better still to get a OS map of your area and do some searching of your own "on the ground"-thats how i found mine, have a look at maps.google and Google earth too.
(9 May 2013, 13:26)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]trouble with any site like that is its a "public" site, anything put on there is probably going to be compromised months or years ago, better still to get a OS map of your area and do some searching of your own "on the ground"-thats how i found mine, have a look at maps.google and Google earth too.

This site I'm near is derelict now. We hope to visit it very soon. I'll let you know how we go. Its location is off the beaten track and quite hard to find but partner knows exactly where it is.
Too true BP. I'm gonna use it as one of many possible locations to bug out to if I absolutly had to. Gonna get an OS of the area and start marking down anywhere that could be of use. As I live in the Thames Valley it's gonna be hard to find a location that hasn't been occupied when the towns spill out with hungry people.
For me bugging out is plan B anyway, but neccessary all the same.
(9 May 2013, 13:45)PaulandNell Wrote: [ -> ]
(9 May 2013, 13:26)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]trouble with any site like that is its a "public" site, anything put on there is probably going to be compromised months or years ago, better still to get a OS map of your area and do some searching of your own "on the ground"-thats how i found mine, have a look at maps.google and Google earth too.

This site I'm near is derelict now. We hope to visit it very soon. I'll let you know how we go. Its location is off the beaten track and quite hard to find but partner knows exactly where it is.
yes, thats good, let us know how you get on, photos if possible are always welcome!Big Grin

(9 May 2013, 13:48)MCavity Wrote: [ -> ]Too true BP. I'm gonna use it as one of many possible locations to bug out to if I absolutly had to. Gonna get an OS of the area and start marking down anywhere that could be of use. As I live in the Thames Valley it's gonna be hard to find a location that hasn't been occupied when the towns spill out with hungry people.
For me bugging out is plan B anyway, but neccessary all the same.

bugging out is plan B for about 90% of people! but there may be times when this is the only option due to any number of circumstances!
for OS maps short term you could use the link below

http://maps.the-hug.net/

hope this helps
If your near water dont forget boats, can be a very useful bol/bov