Survival UK Forums

Full Version: s h t f stress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
in a shtf situation how would you cope ???

just think day or night bugged in or out every noise could it be a killer , thief, beggar with a hard luck story .
not letting your kids out to play , never trusting anybody anymore .
always keeping you and yours head down all the time.
never relaxing ,every time you go out have we been seen or heard ,can sombody see the light/smoke from a fire/house light ect.
this would be 24/7 untill things simmered down .

could you cope with the stress ???
by taking one day at a time!i suppose it depends on where you are and what your situation is, that's why I never want to get caught in an urban environment, too many hidey holes and ambush points! give me the open fields where I can see danger coming a long way off.
If im stuck in the house I will be reading loads of books, if im allowed out I will be scouting and foraging/scavenging
I’d like to think that I could cope on my own, it’s only when you introduce family or kids to care for that the stress would increase and then this is when I would struggle. Angry
there is only me and the OH .....oh and the dog(don't forget the dog!)

I've never had a stressful job, always had a low paid one!, I've always had an "alternative" lifestyle and just got on with life, and that's how I will cope post shtf. I don't believe in stress, its not in my vocabulary, just be careful and watch full and don't for one second take chances but don't have a coronary over it.
I guess no one really knows how they will fare, and it will depend on the type of disaster too.
What the hell- i'm gonna hide in the loft and eat beans for a week. See you all on the other side Smile
(16 May 2013, 14:53)MCavity Wrote: [ -> ]I guess no one really knows how they will fare, and it will depend on the type of disaster too.
What the hell- i'm gonna hide in the loft and eat beans for a week. See you all on the other side Smile

if your eating beans in the loft, don't go striking any matches!!Big Grin
(16 May 2013, 14:17)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]just think day or night bugged in or out every noise could it be a killer , thief, beggar with a hard luck story .
never relaxing ,every time you go out have we been seen or heard ,can sombody see the light/smoke from a fire/house light ect.

You've just described a normal day in Southampton, or any big city.
(16 May 2013, 16:32)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(16 May 2013, 14:17)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]just think day or night bugged in or out every noise could it be a killer , thief, beggar with a hard luck story .

You've just described a normal day in Southampton, or any big city.

yep you are so right BMBig Grin
I'd cope just the way I always do...
Keep track of information on the SW bands, clean the firearms, talk with the neighbors. All just like now!
Pages: 1 2 3