Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Anyone making and selling Slingbows in the UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As per the title is anyone in the UK making decent quality slingbows in the UKistan?
get a decent catapult and make your own...it takes less than 5 minutes, a decent split ring and 2 small cable ties is all it takes.
I've not heard of anyone making them for sale per se, but if you can knock decent ones up I reckon you might be able to sell a few NR.
Have a go us self mate find some plans on Google and away you go.I'm a big fan of have a go stuff better sense of accomplish.
just punch in "slingbows" on youtube, lots of videos on there showing you how to do it.

anyone wants me to supply slingbows...that'll be £10 including postage then!Big Grin
What is the advantage of a "slingbow" as opposed to its drawbacks?
(19 May 2013, 00:15)Timelord Wrote: [ -> ]What is the advantage of a "slingbow" as opposed to its drawbacks?

easily concealable, very powerful, don't know of any drawbacks.
(19 May 2013, 00:15)Timelord Wrote: [ -> ]What is the advantage of a "slingbow" as opposed to its drawbacks?

C,mon old chap think laterally, being able for fire full length arrows or even long crossbow bolts at ranges up to say 25 yards from a LEGAL device you can keep in your leg pocket , its just another useful improvised food provider for our lists Smile Instead of striking a firm but possibly not lethal blow to a pigeon, rabbit , partridge, pheasant or chav at modest ranges to putting an arrow through it has some advantages.

On a bushcraft forum a British lad from the east midlands says he got himself 12 of those natty screw together take down arrows and a Slingbow that uses a Whisker buisquit as the arrow guid and when folded / unscrewed all live in a pocket inside his Jack Pyke jacket.

Penetration rather than kinetic impact.
(19 May 2013, 09:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]C,mon old chap think laterally, being able for fire full length arrows or even long crossbow bolts at ranges up to say 25 yards from a LEGAL device you can keep in your leg pocket , its just another useful improvised food provider for our lists Smile Instead of striking a firm but possibly not lethal blow to a pigeon, rabbit , partridge, pheasant or chav at modest ranges to putting an arrow through it has some advantages.

On a bushcraft forum a British lad from the east midlands says he got himself 12 of those natty screw together take down arrows and a Slingbow that uses a Whisker buisquit as the arrow guid and when folded / unscrewed all live in a pocket inside his Jack Pyke jacket.
you don't need any of that "whisker biscuit" stuff, that's only for people with too much moneyBig Grin you need a split ring(the sort you put your keys on) about one and a quarter inch diameter(available from most Hardware type shops) and a pack of short cable ties(zip ties to our American cousins) put the ring in the middle of the Y of the catapult using the cable ties-1 on each side, job done..about 2 minutes work. the split ring is used purely as an arrow rest, the length of your arrow is dictated by how far you can pull the elastic back...in my case that's 26 inches. when not in use just fold up the catapult and put it in your coat pocket. you can get cheap quivers on line for the arrows, either a back one or a waist one whichever is your choice.
Pro's - easy to make, conceal, use, takes up very little space and cheap to buy.

Cons - uses elastic which over time will perish and depending on the scenario you might not be able to get anymore
Pages: 1 2 3