Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Stone in the mouth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just read a book about ghengis khan and his conquests. When I came across something.

Put a small smooth round stone in your mouth (when your dehydrated and got dry mouth and throat) increases the amount of salvia you produce?

Anyone know if this is true or not? If it is I think it will be something worth knowing.
(23 May 2013, 05:31)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]I was just read a book about ghengis khan and his conquests. When I came across something.

Put a small smooth round stone in your mouth (when your dehydrated and got dry mouth and throat) increases the amount of salvia you produce?

Anyone know if this is true or not? If it is I think it will be something worth knowing.

Yes, it works. Try it for yourself.
Looks like you were reading Lords of the bow by Conn Iggulden.

Great set of stories.

Try finish the rest of the series. It goes on right through to Kubilai Khan's reign.
Brilliant set of books.
The pebble in the mouth thing was also used by the ninja....apparently.

Helps you stave off the feeling of thirst.
(23 May 2013, 08:16)Mandlaka Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you were reading Lords of the bow by Conn Iggulden.

Great set of stories.

Try finish the rest of the series. It goes on right through to Kubilai Khan's reign.
Brilliant set of books.

I have read them all. Was just re-reading. U never know wot u might pick up in books like them
(23 May 2013, 05:31)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]I was just read a book about ghengis khan and his conquests. When I came across something.

Yup, anything like that will work. Ask anyone with a brace
I think I read this in my Boy Scouts handbook...many years ago.