Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What book do you have in your BOB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know it's not really a Prepping question, but as an Avid reader I have 3 books in my BOB and considering it may be my only reading material for a few days or more it took some consideration to pick them.

I have

(1) A Christmas Carol By Charles Dickens (my favourite book)

(2) Dhammapada translated by K Sri Dhammananda pocket edition (which has yet to fit into any pocket i've ever had...LOL).

and Finally (3) A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson....it just seemed appropriate and is a great book.

what do you carry if any?
Bible
Book of Common Prayer
SAS Survival Handbook

and for fiction something with Kurt Wallander
cos I love Nordic Noir and can be quite a moody bugger
Alas Babylon, Day By Day Armageddon.
(23 May 2013, 12:05)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]Bible
Book of Common Prayer
SAS Survival Handbook

I still have an early pocket edition of the SAS handbook, another pocket book that never fit any known pocket...LOL
I genuinely carry 3 books in my BOB.

1. Foraging.
2. Bushcraft (Ray Mears)
3. How to build a log cabin.

They're probably the heaviest items in my BOB.
I think I'll add a copy of my liitle survival guide so I can remember wot I rote Smile
and a paper copy of the forum IGNORE list so I can remember who to ignore after TSHTF Smile

Getting older and my memory is failing but I can still remember who owes me a pint Smile
(23 May 2013, 12:57)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'll add a copy of my liitle survival guide so I can remember wot I rote Smile
and a paper copy of the forum IGNORE list so I can remember who to ignore after TSHTF Smile

Getting older and my memory is failing but I can still remember who owes me a pint Smile

WOW a paper copy of the ignore list....do you have a BOB big enough....LOL ;-)
SAS survival manual- pocket edition.
Oh aye just remember got a couple of religous tomes because the paper is so soft strong and very very long. Smile
I have thousands, literally thousands. On my kindle.

Actually, that's a lie. I don't have a BOB.
Pages: 1 2