Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Bug Out Bag - Can It Be Better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was jus wondering with we could all take the time took put up our bug out bags. And explain all the items we carry with photos?

I know there is a thread already for this but I have also noticed that the threads may start off about one thing but we get distracted by something, not that I'm complaining I have loads of information and tips that way. But I want a chance to get the best out of my BOB; and I think seeing and hearing about everyone else's will help me.

But just too be clear. This is the BOB you will use when STHF and u really do have to run not the BOB u use for weekend camping trips etc.

If this is a bad idea please just remove the thread.
BOBs, GOOD Bags, EDC Bags, GHB bags and INCH bags can and must constantly adapt and the load consist be consistantly reviewed so they meet your needs at the point of use.

Its an endlessly fascinating subject that does often get derailed.
I shall be redoing my "emergency" bag soon now that I've got my larger Alice pack and frame, I need to check it all to see if I have gone overboard or if I need to add things, I know I need to increase the dehydrated food content.
I love the idea. I'm upgrading some equipment over the next month or 2, so won't be posting my total contents.

Also, my shopping list has expanded and could dramatically change my BOB contents. New sleeping bag could totally derail the set up, or could lead to a completely new system!
I'm the same I have just ordered a few new items (I do this every month) which means I change and adapt my BOB every month. I do try to keep everything in the same area as before so I can get use to knowing where everything is, for when I need it.
My concern is not what to put in the BOB but the weight of the thing