Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Brita fill and go bottle.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
have just found this in an old magazine...its cheaper than a lifestraw...anybody got any knowledge of this.
Brita filters do NOT purify water, they dont remove anything nasty they use a chemcal catalistic reaction (I think) to IMPROVE the taste of water, but they dont filter or treat it.
i agree with the above, i struggle with "darn sarf" tap water, it's pretty harsh on the pallette Tongue, through a brita filter, be it jug, or bottle, it is not as bad

no one really uses them up here in scotlandshire as far as i know, the tapwater is quite nice up here
(24 May 2013, 11:58)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Brita filters do NOT purify water, they dont remove anything nasty they use a chemcal catalistic reaction (I think) to IMPROVE the taste of water, but they dont filter or treat it.

oh forget it, I shant bother.

is the lifestraw any good?
DUNNO TBH if it is it should specify in the advert what it actually does.
Lifestraw is fine and filters a whole lot of crap except Fluoride which shouldn't worry you unless you are a left-wing trade unionist green veggie lesbian one parent family

Trouble is it takes a l---o----n----g time to quench your thirst.

My first line of defence is a ECO stainless steel water treatment bottle which contains an inbuilt filter
I can't remember where I got it from but it was about £30-£40 - Nice Buy
I've got a LifeSaver water filter bottle for larger quantities of water but I was thinking about something smaller to go in a bag, as a personal filtration system.

review of Lifestraw here: http://eartheasy.com/blog/2011/09/a-back...er-filter/
(24 May 2013, 15:37)The Ragman Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.ted.com/talks/michael_pritcha...ilter.html

yes, this is what I've already bought, its not cheap but it works.
(24 May 2013, 12:04)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]i agree with the above, i struggle with "darn sarf" tap water, it's pretty harsh on the pallette Tongue, through a brita filter, be it jug, or bottle, it is not as bad

no one really uses them up here in scotlandshire as far as i know, the tapwater is quite nice up here

Just got back from a week in London, drinking the water. It really does taste disgusting after being used to Highland water. Funnily enough, I grew up with it and it was fine then. Depends on what you're used to I suppose. (Unless it's got worse over the years?)