Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Water isnt it amazing how much you can use in a few hours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a comment about the northern nav ex that was partially completed yesterday ( See RVs section for embarrising report) I was completely gobsmacked by just how much water we used in only one day on the road, from tea / coffee/ fruit cordial making, boiling tins in, washing up with, personal hygiene etc, I reckon I used over 30 litres in just one day !!!! I need to look at more ways of reducing usage without affecting hygiene or hydration.
You just validated my consideration that I would need approximately 100 litres for my Generals and myself in a day.
100 litres a day!!! Hope you've either got good storage or a good local source.

Fair enough eating & drinking but for dishes, save them all to the end of the day & do them as 1 lot. Also for washing, sponge baths.
NR just check out how much water is required to produce 1 litre of Coca-Cola ........then you will be truly gobsmacked old son .
I watched that show in bbc 2 about Autralia that is currently running and they visited a winery ( I thought winery was where grumps like SD were sent) and they said they use over 500 litres of water to make 1 litre of wine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheesh.
my work uses 400m3 PER DAY on average

thats 400,000 litres to the normal man on the street,
I know the minimum is supposed to be about 1 gallon per person per day just for drinking, then theres cooking and then washing, so I suppose 6 gallons for 3 people dosent sound that excessive, makes you think?
Part of the reason for the high usage is that we are not conditioned to save water. When we use it we use it freely. My water requirements are based on staying at home and keeping out heads down and I always take the higher estimates of usage when I do my calculations. We will learn to conserve water, particularly around cleaning, which will help as time goes on.
just think how many times a day the average person flushes the loo!
My water storage is currently 2700 litres, soon to be upgraded to 12700 litres. It's all from rainwater off a large barn roof. For backup I have a spring that is currently unused apart from it is allowed to run down a field and ensures there is always some green grass for the sheep, even in drought.
Pages: 1 2