Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Molle Bags + Paracord Braclet = Prepper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I needed a new BOB and was going for the Molle knock off, but was out birding with a friend and we saw a guy with a Black Molle pack and matching Praclet and he said "Molle Bag + Paracord braclet = Crazy Prepper." which lead to a brief discussion on prepping and the TV shows.

So I've gone for something else as due to the many US TV shows on the subject the Molle now marks you out as a prepper and may make you a target for unneeded attention when doing some practice runs especially in Sunny London.

I just wondered if anyone else had considered this?
I own a paracord braclet but its attatched to my bag, no ones noticed it yet or my thors hammer. mabye bird watchers are more observant than most peopke?
I wear paracord bracelets most the time, but by having 2 on one arm at the same time, it makes it look like one chunky bracelet.

As for the Molle Bags, I'd agree with him. I love the Molle system, but none of my purpose-bags (BOB, GHB, EDC) have any Molle on them. I don't get why you'd need it. It's a bag, right? Built to carry the stuff you need, right? So why stick stuff on the outside of it? For me, Molle is for vests, belts, and maybe straps or slings for your gun.

If your stuff doesn't fit in the bag you've bought, then you should have bought a bigger bag or packed less stuff. Don't get miniature bags and stick them on the outside of the one that's not big enough. It's a GREAT way to gain attention! If you need stuff in pouches, have those pouches to hand, on your belt or the straps/belt of the bag. It doesn't make sense to have it on the outside of the bag when you're just going to have to take your bag off to get at the pouches anyway! Might as well have kits pouched up inside your bag (pencil cases are great for this!!!)
(30 May 2013, 09:00)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I wear paracord bracelets most the time, but by having 2 on one arm at the same time, it makes it look like one chunky bracelet.

As for the Molle Bags, I'd agree with him. I love the Molle system, but none of my purpose-bags (BOB, GHB, EDC) have any Molle on them. I don't get why you'd need it. It's a bag, right? Built to carry the stuff you need, right? So why stick stuff on the outside of it? For me, Molle is for vests, belts, and maybe straps or slings for your gun.

If your stuff doesn't fit in the bag you've bought, then you should have bought a bigger bag or packed less stuff. Don't get miniature bags and stick them on the outside of the one that's not big enough. It's a GREAT way to gain attention! If you need stuff in pouches, have those pouches to hand, on your belt or the straps/belt of the bag. It doesn't make sense to have it on the outside of the bag when you're just going to have to take your bag off to get at the pouches anyway! Might as well have kits pouched up inside your bag (pencil cases are great for this!!!)

More molle, more problems!

(its an airsoft video, but its apllicable to us with molle everywhere!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrAIFP2pfew Big Grin
i have a few mollee bags and they are useful and made of tough material. Pouches on the outside can be useful for bladders and other things.

if your bag has waist straps stuff on a belt as well can get in the way ...mollee is good for that
Mollee is good, it's adaptable, which is what preppers are all about, innit?

I like the fact that I can use one bag and add to it or take away, depending on what I'm doing.
(30 May 2013, 09:00)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I wear paracord bracelets most the time, but by having 2 on one arm at the same time, it makes it look like one chunky bracelet.

very good point mate I don't think you need molle attracts unwanted attention if you have stuff hanging off and it's easy to grab or for some one to pull you over
I think Molle systems has its pros and cons and being a gear freak I can appreciate the attraction of stuff like the Maxpedition range, but then caution creeps in and I think such high end beautifully crafted luggage also advertises that equally beautiffully crafted and thievable goodies could be inside. So I choose the coward / Grey man option of keeping everything hidden away is a rugged but far more plain EDC or BOB bag.

Its like getting a 4x4 BOV and hanging Warn winches, hi lift jacks, CB aerials, Jerry can racks, shovels etc to the outside, it just screams "Hey come and steal me" Nowt wrong with owning a 4x4 BOV of course thats a good choice of veh-hickle but it sould not advertise its presence.

Mind you I can see the huge benefits of the modular system for those who need or desire that adaptable system, its really down to personal choice at the end of the day, and if it works for you them great, anything that keeps you alive is good in my book.
I have a 5:11 Moab 10 with molle. I use it as an every day bag when. Motorbikingbto work. I have a molle pouch on the side for med stuff and fak. Keeps the main bits free for whatever I am carrying. I like molle stuff, have a 5:11 push pack as well for more walking around town bag.
(30 May 2013, 13:05)Carnebwen Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 5:11 Moab 10 with molle. I use it as an every day bag when. Motorbikingbto work. I have a molle pouch on the side for med stuff and fak. Keeps the main bits free for whatever I am carrying. I like molle stuff, have a 5:11 push pack as well for more walking around town bag.

I do like the look of the Moab. You get much in it? You can never find one in person to look at, and I don't wanna order one then find it's too small and have to fanny around sending it back etc.

Be very interested to hear exactly how much you can get in there. If you had pics ( hint hint Tongue ) that'd be even better Big Grin
Pages: 1 2