Survival UK Forums

Full Version: More iceberg housing issues in London
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought this may getout of hand, in many of our larger cities the issues of Iceberg houses is starting to cause dissent , an Iceberg house is one that has more rooms underground than overground.
Some folks build huge sub ter developments that often include air filtration systems, garages, air filtration systems, solar powered cool rooms, hidden exits, huge pools with water filters that bring the water up to drinking water standards. it does not take much of a leap in imagination to see what these wealthier urbanites are actually building !!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...stead.html
Yup, they're paying millions now to dig their own graves.

Smart
(6 June 2013, 11:44)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, they're paying millions now to dig their own graves.

Smart

dunno what they don't just sell up and move out....
They are just paying to have more space in their home really. How much would that above ground space costs, say if they had to go lateral? About as much as it costs to go sub ter. It is Hamspted, this is what happens.

As for it being a post SHTF bunker, not really. The world knows about it and look at where the people are from. If I wanted to hide a bunker and recruit a private army to defend me, I bet I would have a much better chance in Nigeria rather than a top end suburb of one of the major world capitals.

What made me laugh was:

Lady Listowel Wrote:It is sad that there is a row over the application as everyone usually gets on around here.

These sorts of basements are being built all over Hampstead, but it's a conservation area and it's not in keeping with the street.

Nothing to stop people getting on due to things happening below the street. You put up with the building works and spoil removal the time it takes. Conservation areas are nothing to do with what happens below ground. The streetscape has nothing to do with the subterranean, but if they are being built all over the place, then sure they are in keeping.
I live in londonistan and i can say fuck it all and fuck them all
(7 June 2013, 00:07)TheFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]I live in londonistan and i can say fuck it all and fuck them all

Care too expand a bit please? as to how you came to the conclusion about its failings as you live there and have insight we more distant folk dont have?
(7 June 2013, 00:07)TheFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]I live in londonistan and i can say fuck it all and fuck them all

Wow! You have such a way with words!
(9 June 2013, 16:51)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry about that probably had a skin full Tongue What i was saying is that i cant understand if you have the money for that then why do you choose to live in london
(9 June 2013, 19:33)TheFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]
(9 June 2013, 16:51)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry about that probably had a skin full Tongue What i was saying is that i cant understand if you have the money for that then why do you choose to live in london

yep, exactly my thoughts, Londonistan is getting to be a right pit if the news reports are anything to go by.
Some people stay there because they have to for work.
Some stay because that is where their family and friends are.
Some stay because they actually like it.
Some stay because they can't afford to get out.

Just because one person doesn't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't. Many people, including some here, would find it difficult living the livestyle of Highlander or BP.

You can't simply dismiss people because they won't move. It is a massive lifestyle change and not all are able to do it for various reasons.
Pages: 1 2