Survival UK Forums

Full Version: APP's for I-pad/I-phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone use app's for any of the above.
I use motion x for Nav.
I use Outdoors GB for OS mapping and navigation. About the cheapest digital OS maps I,ve found.

Also, UK Tides, Landmeter for the Landrovers and a photographic app called Lighttrac, which gives sunrise and sunset times and bearings for any location, shown on a google map. Dead handy.

Also Tunein Radio, Compass, Blogger, Hootsuite (a one-stop Twitter and Facebook update app), kindle reader.

Probably the most vital one for me is Documents to Go, which syncs everything I want across from the desktop, including PDFs, and always makes sure the latest one is kept. (I won,t use cloud storage, so this is important to me).
Kindle Reader, same as Tarrel.

That thing is brilliant! Also, ThinkOffice, for reading other documents that Kindle doesn't. The iBook app usually opens most docs though.

Thinking about it, there must be an edible plant app on there somewhere.
(7 June 2013, 23:30)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Kindle Reader, same as Tarrel.

That thing is brilliant! Also, ThinkOffice, for reading other documents that Kindle doesn't. The iBook app usually opens most docs though.

Thinking about it, there must be an edible plant app on there somewhere.
Remembering your star navigation thread, I have a couple of Astronomy apps for the Iphone that let you point your phone at the sky and guides you to points of interest. This could be very usefull if you can't navigate by the stars in cloud etc. try them out they're good.