Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Scavenging.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
from the American site of JW Rawles, subject as above. http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/06/deve...rry-b.html
Thanks for yet another BP - another very useful one. But I'm picking up so many bookmarked sites and blogs, there isn't enough time in the day to visit them all! I'll have to be brutally selective and whittle them down to a manageable, worthy few...
Good luck with that GG problem is BP s stuff is always GOOD STUFF
Yes - I was going to post that Rawles site item as I found it more than interesting.

At the risk of being controversial (wot me!)
I really found myself in strong disagreement with the article.

Firstly, I agree that in a post Tango Uniform situation we will probably need to adopt this approach
because that's all there is. It might be a good idea to train yourself for this.

But as a lifestyle ......?????????

Reminds me of that wonderful scene in "Look who's talking" with John Travolta feeding his family
as a dumpster Diver. I'm not ready for that.

A girl needs lipstick, tampax, roll-on, toothpaste and chocolate (maybe)
Any post-TU trader will find a lot of eager people

:-)
(7 June 2013, 20:38)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]Yes - I was going to post that Rawles site item as I found it more than interesting.

At the risk of being controversial (wot me!)
I really found myself in strong disagreement with the article.

Firstly, I agree that in a post Tango Uniform situation we will probably need to adopt this approach
because that's all there is. It might be a good idea to train yourself for this.

But as a lifestyle ......?????????

Reminds me of that wonderful scene in "Look who's talking" with John Travolta feeding his family
as a dumpster Diver. I'm not ready for that.

A girl needs lipstick, tampax, roll-on, toothpaste and chocolate (maybe)
Any post-TU trader will find a lot of eager people

:-)
its not just about dumpster/skip diving, its being able to spot the advantages when you see them, wont just be in skips or in waste bins we have to be awake to all the possibilities, never mind skip diving post shtf its part of my lifestyle NOW and has been for the last 15 years or moreBig Grin
(7 June 2013, 20:38)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]A girl needs lipstick, tampax, roll-on, toothpaste and chocolate (maybe)

if that's what you need you'd better get a stock in.
GG,

I always follow the links. If it is something good I print it or save it.

Just saving bookmarks doesn't cut it. You'll never have the time to trawl Jim's blog to find old articles.
Learning more day by day SD....
(8 June 2013, 19:35)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]GG,

I always follow the links. If it is something good I print it or save it.

Just saving bookmarks doesn't cut it. You'll never have the time to trawl Jim's blog to find old articles.

Can always get all his posting on CD, see the site.
After the world economy goes "tango-uniform", I suspect that very little will be thrown away, resulting in a whole lot of empty dumpsters.
Pages: 1 2